PDA

View Full Version : Hypo Striped Amel?

Hypo Striped Amel?

SilverWolf
12-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I purchased this guy from Jeff Mohr a couple years ago and really would like to find another just like him or very close to. I'm just looking right now as the cold weather would put a damper on shipping. But would like to get an idea if there are others around for sale and how much. Here is a couple of pictures of my guy Killian.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/SageAlways517/Killian2.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/SageAlways517/killiansideview.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/SageAlways517/Killian.jpg

Sorry they are not the best as he really doesn't like to pose for pictures. But it'll give you an idea. He is a Hypo striped het for anery, but I'm not worried about hets. I would prefer a female, but another male is just fine. I doubt I'll ever breed so that is not an issue. Just love his looks and would like to find one close to the same. Also would need to be a little older as I would rather not have a little one. I know they are cute, but I do prefer the adults compared to the young ones. :) If you have something or might have something in the future just let me know and how much.
Thanks!

SilverWolf
12-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Still looking. Boyfriend said he'd help with cost for my Christmas present. I saw a nice stripe at a local pet store but it was male and wasn't a hypo. But would have bought it if it was a female. So if you have a female stripe that looks close to my guy above let me know even if it isn't hypo. Pictures please! Thanks!

poppycorn
12-31-2008, 06:10 AM
Don Soderberg at cornsnakes.net sometimes has them. But the ones I've seen have more distinct stripeing than what you show in your photo. What may be most similar is a lighter sunglow stripe such as this one. I have a very few available and most are quite large for 08's. They are very beautiful but good ones are rare and expensive. Check my website for photos of adults.

KJUN
12-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Wait a sec....You say that it is a hypo striped amel - as in an albino+hypo+striped. On my monitor, those eyes look like normal eyes. Do you just mean a hypo striped - or are you looking for an albino striped? ....or is it just a BAD photo. I'm kinda confused. :shrugs:

ZoologyGirl
12-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Wait a sec....You say that it is a hypo striped amel - as in an albino+hypo+striped. On my monitor, those eyes look like normal eyes. Do you just mean a hypo striped - or are you looking for an albino striped? ....or is it just a BAD photo. I'm kinda confused. :shrugs:

The title says hypo striped amel...but if you look at the writing under the pic it says hypo striped het anery. I'm thinking either the title was a goof up...or they want an amel this time around? But I'd agree with you the one in the pic is not amel.

SilverWolf
12-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry, that is why I put in the ? mark on the title. I couldn't remember the exact wording of the type the snake was. I remembered hypo and stripe and the het for anery. But couldn't remember if the amel was in there or not. lol Sorry for the confusion. I've seen so many different stripes lately online and they all had different names to them, so I think it confused me.

Don Soderberg at cornsnakes.net sometimes has them. But the ones I've seen have more distinct stripeing than what you show in your photo. What may be most similar is a lighter sunglow stripe such as this one. I have a very few available and most are quite large for 08's. They are very beautiful but good ones are rare and expensive. Check my website for photos of adults.

By the way gorgeous snake. I'll show my boyfriend when he gets home and let you know. Thanks!

April

SilverWolf
01-03-2009, 12:00 PM

sent a pm.