PDA

View Full Version : problem feeders

problem feeders

jomara
08-19-2003, 07:47 PM
I have 6 of my newly hatched corns that i cannot get to eat. I have tried live pinkies, frozen, with heads, without heads, in a paper bag, teasing, punctured heads. I am trying to catch some small lizards now to try that. Can they eat small frogs i have plenty of those in the yard. I am not sure if they would be harmful

Taceas
08-19-2003, 09:19 PM
How long has it been since they hatched and shed?

I've got 6 of my 13 that haven't eaten either. They've refused f/t, live, de-headed, and brained. And it's been 3 weeks since they hatched.

They can go quite a while without eating, so just keep trying every 3-4 days or so and see what happens. If all else fails, take them on a car ride. Several people have stated that's worked for them. =P

Hopefully you're little farts will eat for you soon.

bmm
08-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Ya don't worry yet. I have one that hatched on July 26th, still hasn't taken a meal and I am not even THINKING about forcing it yet. You are all good for now. Keep trying.

bmm

drizzt_19
08-19-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm serious...I have two hatchling's that refused to eat...On a whim sunday I decided to try a little peice of the gerber chicken flavored sausages...They ate them almost immediately...

CornCrazy
08-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by drizzt_19
I'm serious...I have two hatchling's that refused to eat...On a whim sunday I decided to try a little peice of the gerber chicken flavored sausages...They ate them almost immediately...

Did you give them pieces smaller than pinkies? Or about the same size? I tried pieces about the same size as a small pinky. I'm thinking I should have made the pieces smaller. None of the 3 that I was trying to feed took them.

J_Daniels
08-20-2003, 02:40 PM
I tried it also with pieces about the size of a day old pinky. No dice.

What's up with the car ride? Do you offer them the food while in the car or right after you get back?

JCD

Elaphe_Mo
08-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Drizzt... did you need to do that for either of the lavs you got from me, and if so, did it work? I've still got a pile of those guys that won't eat for me. Almost all of my other hatchlings have eaten now, it's just the lavs that are giving me trouble. Figures...