PDA

View Full Version : Is this scale Rot???? :(

Is this scale Rot???? :(

wycherley
12-27-2008, 06:59 AM
I noticed this on Elwoods back when i had him in the bath getting the last of a bad shed off. The only other thing i think it could be is i put a plastic cat bowl in for his water. I heard off another thred (i cant find it again) that it can possible have a reaction with the scales. I have just thrown the bowl out but please have a look:(

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/wycherley22/thisone.jpg

bitsy
12-27-2008, 09:21 AM
When one of mine got scale rot, it manifested itself on the belly scales. The edges of the scales became ragged and changed from white to a dull beige colour. I didn't see any changes to the scales on the upper body.

Can you see any changes to the belly scales on Elwood?

wycherley
12-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi Thank you for replying.

No, none on his under belly just this sort of discolouration on his back. Its a bit weird?

SnakeCreations
12-27-2008, 12:26 PM
It's hard to see, but does look like scale damage. I had a snake that "scratched" himself in an attempted escape out of a too small hole and got stuck. I also saw someone post here that their snake did it on a water bowl that had a rough edge. It took a few sheds to clear.

You can put some antibacterial ointment on it and remove aspen so it doesn't stick to your snake.

They recover easily from these kinds of injuries....:)

good luck!

-Tonya