PDA

View Full Version : Not eating.... :(

Not eating.... :(

Sutefu
01-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Okay, well, I made the mistake of trying to switch my baby to frozen food. The bimbo who sold the frozen one to me (from a local corp pet store..*cough*) sold me the wrong size, even though I insisted it was too big. So poor Aris tried to eat it, only to stop a few seconds later, and after consulting the guy I got him from, he told me to wait an entire week before feeding him. Well, it's been a weel, I got a live feeder (from him, not them) and put him in today... He curled up on top of it, used it as a pillow for a few minutes, and has been completely ignoring it now. I'm worried, as he's only about 6 months old, and in two days it'll have been 3 weeks since he's eaten. Can anyone offer any tips? :(

Petruga
01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
i had the same problem, i put mine in a deli cup (with air holes) in his cage over night and my non feeder ate one and my other babie at 3 pinks.
so yah try putting them in a deli cup over night.

StormRose
01-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Try the deli cup first. it will usually do the trick.

If that doesn't work, I had to brain a couple of frozen pinkies when Kauket went off her food as a baby. All you do is stick a pin in the head to get some fluid out to rub on the body (I know it sounds gross), it will make the scent of the food stronger.

Also, remember that the fuss associated with feeding time can be stressful for a baby, so don't try to offer food too often. If he refuses wait a few days before trying again.

Good luck!

Sutefu
01-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Yeah, that's what the guy I got him from said... :) And I'd do the..poking the whole thing, but it's a live one :( Don't think I could. I've tried once today (he's staying there overnight) and then tried last Friday, so..not sure. If he still hasn't eaten by morning I'm supposed to call back.

Sutefu
01-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Nevermind!! Crisis avoided. :) I left him alone in the dark for a few hours to go off and about, and came back to a very wonderful sight...no baby mousie, and a nice, happy-looking snake! It was honestly the biggest sigh of relief I have ever breathed. Thanks for the tip, it worked wonderfully.