PDA

View Full Version : Green Poop

Green Poop

Tim66/corns
01-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I need help everyone. One of my 08 has refused 4 meals in a row. Today being the 4th. When he came to me he was a great eater but he is also such a nervous guy. I only handle him on feeding days because of that. When I put the f/t pinkie in his deli cup tonight and left him covered for and hour along with the rest of the troops he was the only one who had not eaten & on top of that there was bright green poop in his cup. I think I read somewhere on another thread that green poop is bad. What can I do to save him. I have tried tuna scented pinkies, really warm pinkies & ones that have been brained. I was thinking maybe I should try & brumemate him so I do not loose him? What should a worried parent do?:(

rovendoug
01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't know about the feeding issue but I just spoke with a lady who where I am from breeds herps, and she said that the neon green poo was due to salmonella. Nothing to be worried about is what she told me, seeing how its a naturally occurring thing with snakes. Just shows they are actively carrying the Salmonella virus.

danielle
01-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I am not sure if you should just assume it's salmonella. Almost all herps carry it naturally and it doesn't affect their poo's color. I have heard the green in the poo is actually lost good bacterias needed for digestion and may be why this guy is refusing to feed. I know Kathy Love sells a product known to replace the good bacterias to get digestion back on track. Check it out on her site!

nrfitchett4
01-12-2009, 10:45 PM
have you tried a live pinkie?
Seems so many people are against live feedings that it is the last thing they think of.

Tim66/corns
01-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Thank you all for your reply but it came a day late. He died on me yesterday.
He did manage to eat last Sunday but regurged it on Tuesday & I lost him like I said yesterday.

BobbyHill
01-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Sorry to hear that Tim. Sometimes nature intervenes and there's nothing we can do about it.

Tim66/corns
01-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks BobbyHill, I think you are right though, there must have been something else going on to loose him after only 4 missed refusals.
Thanks again

Hallie
01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your baby Tim. I also just lost one, yesterday in fact, from what sounds to be a very similar issue (plus 2 regurges). Some just aren't meant to make it, unfortunately. :(