PDA

View Full Version : Converting from live to frozen/thawed

Converting from live to frozen/thawed

Jenstar
01-06-2009, 03:01 AM
I was wondering if any of you have some suggestions on switching from live to frozen/thawed?

I have a baby that wouldn't eat when I got her. I tried everything to get her to eat, but nothing worked. I eventually tried live pinkies and she ate. She is now hooked on live and won't even consider F/T. What do you guys think I should try?

nrfitchett4
01-06-2009, 06:15 AM
why not do fresh killed when the time comes (i.e. the rodents have teeth). Baby pinks and fuzzies should be able to be given live, after that I think I will fresh kill and feed with tongues.

Cat_Eyed_Lady
01-06-2009, 06:28 AM
How many times as it eaten live now?? Once it is eating consistantly then you can try f/t..... the trick that sometimes works is to make sure the pink is really warm to the touch. Do you feed with tongs or do you feed with your fingers or just throw the pink in??

Buzzard
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Like cat eyed lady said... Really warm was the key to get one of mine off live. The rest didnt have issues.

StormRose
01-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I had to use tongs for one of mine to make the f/t move like it was alive. once the movement caught her eye she was all over it.

To this day she still won't eat anything that's just put in the feeding tub with her, you have to entice her with it.