PDA

View Full Version : At last I got my snake!!

At last I got my snake!!

MariaOrrom
08-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Hi anyone there help me out a little. Here in Ireland snakes are real new and I just want to check what the pet shop owner said was correct. My little one is tiny, just born on the 6th Aug 03. Hes pinky orange colour, I will try to send a photo another time so people can give me an idea of what morph he is. But right now I am a little worried. He was fed on the 12th and 15th August and when we got him today the fella told me I couldn't feed him until he has finished shedding which he has just started. He has shed on his head so far. So that means ages to fed him doesn't it and hes only a skinny little thing. Is that right, also been told they eat earthworms too. Please guys/gals, get back to me asap!

Thanks,
Maria
Ps His name is Indi
:cool:

mattsnake
08-23-2003, 10:48 AM
congrats on your new baby corn! You should probably mist up his cage with a spray bottle to help him shed. It would probably be ok to feed him.
Oh, and make sure you don't let the leprachauns chase him off the island! :)

MariaOrrom
08-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Thanks for that, great, I am a real snake lover and its my first ever snake, so a bit hyper about it dying already!!!
Go raibh maith agat (thanks very much)
Maria

MariaOrrom
08-23-2003, 12:15 PM
This is one I just took, not great as he is so tiny, but this is blown up a bit so you can see him. What do you reckon he is?
Maria

Sparda
08-23-2003, 01:31 PM
You can mist to help him shed, and once it starts it doesn't take long at all. You can also put him in a container with some warm wet paper towels. That is what I do if they have a problem. As far as earthworms, I have never heard of corns eating them. Can you get pinky mice there? That would be better for him. Someone else may have other opinions, this is just my thoughts. Congrats on your new corn, and remember they are addicting.:D

MariaOrrom
08-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Hi there,
Thanks so much for your advice, will do that tomorrow. Cool. He looks really skinny, how do I know when he wants to feed? I am so nervous about him at the moment! Yes I have little pinkies in the freezer, just wondering if there was anything else I could feed him as when I defrost it and he can't take it, can I refreeze it? I don't want him to die!!
You think hes an amel..... right, thanks. They don't tell you when you buy them here. How much would they cost over there? Here they are 130euro... (about $150.)
Keep up the advice, I need it!
Maria

J_Daniels
08-25-2003, 04:56 PM
How long since he shed his head? I find that very unusual that he shed the head only and then stopped trying. Anyone else? I think he may need a bit of help...

J_Daniels
08-25-2003, 04:57 PM
and by the way... I would forget the earthworm thing and stick with mice:D

MariaOrrom
08-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Hi
Thanks for your reply, but I had heaps of help and advised to take Indi back to the shop. So did that today, and got another Indi who is really lively and active, a brighter colour and healthy looking. He was due feeding today, but won't feed so on advice from someone else I will leave him 3 or 4 days to get used to his new place.
Any tips on feeding a new snake are helpful and much appreciated. He is quiet tonight, hope not too stressed out from it all. I do love him!!! Theres a photo on the photo album forum. Tell me what you think of this fella!
Maria:D