PDA

View Full Version : just a quick question

just a quick question

bigbull
01-14-2009, 07:22 AM
right i was lookin at my female to on top of her hide and to me she looked to be swollan

i am just wantin to ask if she might have eggs as i have not seen her breed with the male i had in with her which has now been taken out and put in another viv as there were livin in the same viv when i got them

if she dose have eggs in her what is the most sure way to tell if she dose and what do i do next to make sure she is safe

i was not going to breed her till i new more about it but if she is she is all can do now is make sure that her and the eggs are safe

thanks nick

bigbull
01-14-2009, 07:25 AM
please can i ask mods to remove this post i have just noticed it is the the worng place

sorry

starsevol
01-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Hey there!
Sometimes it's hard to tell for sure if a female is gravid or not (for ME anyway!).

If it were me in your shoes, I would just feed her well. Sometimes towards the end of her "pregnancy" a female will refuse food, because eggs are taking up all the space within her.
The next time she sheds, just provide her with a laying chamber, a small secure space that she can comfortably fit into, and put damp spagnum moss inside it. If she is gravid, she should lay eggs 10-16 days after she sheds.

danielle
01-14-2009, 10:55 AM
I know in geckos and I assume with snake runny your hads firmly down their abdomen should be a good indicator of being gravid or not. They will feel like hard lumps and are hard to miss if you are firm enough, but don't sqeeze too hard either.

bigbull
01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey there!
Sometimes it's hard to tell for sure if a female is gravid or not (for ME anyway!).

If it were me in your shoes, I would just feed her well. Sometimes towards the end of her "pregnancy" a female will refuse food, because eggs are taking up all the space within her.
The next time she sheds, just provide her with a laying chamber, a small secure space that she can comfortably fit into, and put damp spagnum moss inside it. If she is gravid, she should lay eggs 10-16 days after she sheds.

ok i iwll set up a lay box for her and if her lays ok but will be better if she dose not lay but it if happens we r set up and ready for it