• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

problem feeders

jomara

I have 5 corns from a cluth of 11 that i cannot get to eat. I have tried live pinkies, frozen, without head, just the head i have tried baby lizards, I even tried putting them on the dryer and doing laundry to simulate riding in a car as some people have said that has helped, i have tried tease feeding no luck on any of these i am starting to get worried cause it is just shy of 4 weeks since they hatched and i have already lost the smallest of the clutch today. Any help would be great

Re:

I think you're doing the best that you can do. You've tried everything in the "Trick Book" I've heard about and still no luck.

Some young were just not meant to continue on successfully. It's a hard situation us humans have a hard time comprehending sometimes. I guess thats why most animals subscribe to the theroy of "reproduce and have as many babies as possible at once", and maybe a few will survive to adulthood.

We humans are fortunate, in that we have one or two young at a time, and put all of our energy into them and most are successful.

I am in the same boat with you currently. 2 of my 13 refuse EVERYTHING I try. I've tried: f/t, live, de-headed, headed, brained, lizard scented, dwarf hamster scented, and mouse scented. Still no luck and it's been nearly a month for these two as well.

I must say the dryer trick sounds ingenious! I was getting resigned to the fact that I should take the two riding in the car with me on my trip to town the other day. But I guess the dryer with a good sized load would do the job just as well, considering my dryer likes to move all on it's own accord. ;)

Best of luck though.

Just out of curiosity, at what interval do you try to feed them? And what kind of container do you have them in to feed?

What are your temps?

Temperature has an enormous effect on feeding response.

I have tried evry day every other day let them go 3 or 4 days inbetween nothing seems to make a difference. I am going to make it a little warmer as well. I have them in small tupperware containers i in each

78-83 f

Seems to be a good maintenence temp. Cooler can cause regurges, much warmer can slacken the feeding response in some individuals.

Back