• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding And Size Question?

Poshey

My Corn is About 5/6 Months Old.... I Weighted Her Last Week She is 17Grams Is that small for her age??? im really comfused think i was under feeding her at the start was giving small pinkie every week but uped her feeds now to 3 gram pinkies well 1 2 gram and a 1 gram pinkie... Just Wondering What Weight or Size Should a 5/6 Month old corn be???

Could I Get het Back to Normal Size for her age if i dod under feed her When Do They Stop Growing????

ps She Only Sheds every 2 Months So Far thats a Sign She is Not Growing :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

When young, the food you offer should be related to the size of the snake. The food should be about one and a half times the width of the snake's body, and leave a visible lump for about 48 hours after eating. If the lump goes down sooner than that, then it's time to move up to the next food size. Before going from pinkies to fuzzies, I usually offer two pinkies for a few feeds first.

As your is still on pinkies, you could offer them ever five days rather than once a week.

Going by weight can be a bit misleading, as all Corns grow at different rates. Shedding every two months indicates that she IS growing - just slowly. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

They reach adult size around three years of age. although again, it's an individual thing. I had one of mine take four and a half years and even now, she's still on the small size for an adult. She's in good shape though - a naturally small Corn can be just as healthy as a "normal" sized one.

Back