PDA

View Full Version : I think i might be shedding

I think i might be shedding

Hayley9uk
01-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Im still all new to this, but my rescued corn has been in hiding for about 4 days now. He poked his head out at me last night and his eyes looked a little cloudy, i guess this is the blue stage? Anyways, is it normal for him to hide like this during shedding? I dont even think he'd been out for a drink.

Today (sunday) is the day i usually feed him, is it worth trying him with a mouse or just leave him until after he's shed?

Any response to put my mind at rest would be great. Thanks x

sarcare
01-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Some snakes hide all the time, but many will hide even more when they are in shed--their vision isn't as good and it feels safer that way. He probably is drinking when you aren't looking--it is safer!

As for feeding, you can offer, but don't push it if he refuses. Some snakes will eat fine in blue, where others will refuse, and some have regurged when fed in blue, it is an individual thing. Though if i have a snake that either has regurged in blue or refused multiple times when in shed, then I wont bother to offer food until the shed is finished.

Hayley9uk
01-18-2009, 09:30 AM
I will offer him the food, but as for knowing whether he has regurged in blue or refused before, i just dont know. This is the first time he has shed for me, so i guess i will just have to try it and see, and i will know for next time.

thank u for ur comment x

Nanci
01-18-2009, 09:56 AM
That's what I'd do- offer him a meal but not try to get him to eat if he doesn't want to. (By get him to eat I mean reheating, leaving him longer than usual, etc.)