PDA

View Full Version : Snake won't drink water

Snake won't drink water

BIGRIG737
01-21-2009, 07:14 AM
I recently got my little guy on saturday. ive been reading online that they love to drink water so i made sure i had a decent size waterbowl. saturday and sunday i had to hold right in front of the water to drink and he drank a lot acting like he was very thirsty., but monday and yesterday i havent seen him drinking and i held him up to the water and he wasnt interested. he is pooing and eatting very well, so do you think this is a problem? thanks!!

Lennycorn
01-21-2009, 08:13 AM
There is no problem.

It is rare that you see a snake drinking.
Just put the water bowl next to the outside perimeter for him to find it.

measley
01-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Chances are, he is drinking at night time while you're asleep- you're just not seeing him.

Like Lenny says, put the bowl on the outside permimeter of the tank so that during his nightly rounds, he'll find it.

As long as your snake is eating and defecating- don't worry about it.

bitsy
01-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Corns aren't like cats and dogs - you won't see them drinking several times a day. As long as he's eating, pooping and moving around normally, he's fine. As stated above, they usually drink when there's nobody about.

Eli173
01-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Sometimes they will take a drink after a meal, other then that it's pretty rare to catch them in the act.

swiirlys
01-30-2009, 12:38 AM
I just got my first corn Lili a couple weeks ago and I had the same problem...but then i caught her drinking in the middle of the night a couple times so I'm not worried anymore.

yeah, they're just sneaky little creatures<3

tbroaddus
02-01-2009, 12:00 AM
I have an 07 Okeetee that I don't think I have ever seen take a drink. My 08 Tangerine Milk I have seen drink a few times. Don't worry.

Tom

breakneck
02-07-2009, 03:04 PM
You can lead a snake to water, but you can't make it drink.

dakota11
02-10-2009, 10:09 PM
You can spray the feed bin then at least you know if he drinks the drops after he eats.