PDA

View Full Version : Bad shed - advice?

Bad shed - advice?

CraziiTii
01-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Hey guys. Fiamma is having a bad shed and I was wondering if anyone has some tips. I've been misting her because it's dry down here in Texas, but is there anything else I can do? She's eating normally, and the eye caps came off, so she seems to be feeling fine. If you have any suggestions that'd be great!!! Thanks! :)

caz223
01-22-2009, 01:27 AM
There's another thread with a similar situation.
I typed a bunch of stuff there, and am too lazy to do it again here.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78200

Elusive
01-22-2009, 01:38 AM
you can give her a bath, make sure its not too warm either, (warm to the tough is burning to the snake) I had a bad shed once, and I had a problem with the tail, I simply put her into the semi warm water (maybe like 75-78 degrees) and I let her swim in there for a while and I used my fingers and gently slid them over her skin, and most of the skin came off the first time, by the third time all the skin was off, easy for me :P

Tracee
01-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Here's a thread on what to do with photos to make it even easier to follow:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56170

CraziiTii
01-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys. But she made it easy for me! She spent the night in her water dish. She slid out of it already. Infact the skin was filled with water and twisted as I took it out so I now have a snake skin water balloon, lol. Thanks again!!

Tracee
01-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Clever snake! Well, now you know where to look if she ever does need a little help :)

diamondlil
01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys. But she made it easy for me! She spent the night in her water dish. She slid out of it already. Infact the skin was filled with water and twisted as I took it out so I now have a snake skin water balloon, lol. Thanks again!!
What a clever snake!

CraziiTii
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Haha, isn't she though? I swear she's smarter than my some of my family members :)