PDA

View Full Version : Regurge?

Regurge?

jhammer
02-02-2009, 05:48 AM
I think Rocky may have regurgitated, but it's hard to tell. It looked like poo, but it still had hair on it. Since it was hard to tell, would it be a good idea to follow a regurge protocol anyway? I didn't take a picture of it and I really couldn't smell anything.

Nanci
02-02-2009, 06:40 AM
How big is Rocky? (Or rather, what size prey is he eating)? Poo can have tons of hair in it. Was it fresh enough when you found it that if it had had a different odor than poo, you would have caught it, or was it dried up? Could you see any trace of white urates? Was there any reason for Rocky to have regurged?

clairew
02-02-2009, 09:45 AM
hi,people,my 5month old has just regurged,do i feed it again or do i leave for a few days?? Its only the second time i've fed it ,havent had it long,it fed ok the first time.
Would love some feedback,(no pun intended) thanks clairew.

Nanci
02-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Standard regurge treatment is to not feed the snake for 8-10 days following the regurge, do not handle (to minimize stress), give Nutribac by water bowl or feeding tube if available, for the first meal, give a prey half the size or smaller of the meal that was regurged, and work back up to the recommended size very gradually. A search for "regurge" will find more detailed information.

jhammer
02-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Rocky is a little over two feet. He eats a fuzzy once every seven days. I don't remember if I had seen any white or not. It looked kind of dried out and shrunken. I know it was about the size of a fuzzy, and that's why I assumed it was a regurge, because it didn't look quite like his normal poo. But, it was close enough to stump me. There wasn't any reason for him to regurge. The temps are the same as they've always been, he's not due for a shedding, and he's not stressed or anything.

Nanci
02-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Well, I doubt it's a regurge. This is how similar they can look: http://tinyurl.com/2velw5

It sure wouldn't hurt to treat it as such, though, without doing the whole regurge protocol. Wait a week, feed a smaller meal with a ton of slits in it. As long as that stays down, then I'd just figure it was a hairy poo.

jhammer
02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Will do. Thanks a million!

clairew
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks Nanci,helped a lot will wait to feed again.Thanks.

Nanci
02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Claire, you are positive your snake regurged, so you need to be a LOT more careful about getting him feeding again. Increase the size VERY conservatively.

clairew
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Ok,thanks again Nanci