• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2009 Cornsnakes - Price List

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike17l

Self-Admitted Duckoholic
Well it started a couple nights ago. Eggs will be forthcoming soon, so i figure that it is time to post an "official" pricelist. I am taking deposits. Most of my animals that are not pre-sold by the time they hatch will be wholesaled.

Amels - $20
Amel Motley - $35
Amel Stripe - $50
*Amel Blood (Fire) - $150
Anerytheristic (Type A) - $20
Anery Motley - $35
Blood - $45-75
Butter (amel and Caramel) - $30
Butter Motley - $45
Creamsicle (intergrade: guttataXemory) Motley - $40
Gold Dust (ultramel and Caramel) - $45
Gold Dust Motley - $75
Hypo Blood - $75
*Hypo Lavender Blood - $450
*Lavender Blood - $150-200
Motley - $25
Normal - $20
Okeetee - $35
Rootbeer (intergrade: guttataXemory) - $20
Rootbeer Motley - $35-50
Snow (amel and anery A) - $30
Snow Motley - $40
Snow Stripe - $60
Snow Caramel Motley - $100
Ultramel - $35
*Ultramel Blood - Price Update. $250 I am sold out of ultramel bloods, but if I happen to get lucky and have a few extra, then they will be sold at $250. I have changed my previous price, at the request of someone who has been in the hobby much longer than I, and someone whose opinion I respect more than most anyone in the hobby.
Ultramel Motley - $50
*Ultramel Stripe - $300-400
*Ultracarmelaner (Ultramel caramel aner) motley - $400-500
Ultramelaner motley - $150-250
*Ultramelaner stripe - $500-750

I also plan on producing "okeetees" het for ghost. The okeetee I am using is an Abbott's and the ghost I am using in from a line that already has some great borders. I expect the F2s to look great.

"okeetee" het ghost - $75

* denotes that I am already pre-sold out. I can not take any more depostis for animals marked with an *.

Pictures are:
1. Female Rootbeer Motley
2. Female Rootbeer Motley
3. Female Amel Motley
4. Female Ultramel
5. Male Ultracaramelaner Motley (The only male in existence, right now)

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0031.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0031.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 598
  • Copy of IMG_0028.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0028.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 598
  • Copy of IMG_0022.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0022.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 597
  • Copy of IMG_0054.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0054.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:
Wow, I need to take some better pics of my adults. But here are a few.
1. Female Abbott's
2. Female Stripped Snow
3. Male Snow Motley
4. Male Gold Dust Motley

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0039.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0039.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 595
  • Copy of IMG_0059.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0059.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 591
  • Copy of IMG_0060.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0060.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 586
  • Copy of IMG_0026.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0026.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 583
$20.00 Ultramel Bloodred? That's just crazy. What are you thinking Mike? If that's the case I will take a whole clutch. If memory serves me, aren't you the one who made a post complaining about how people/breeders are unjustly and undeservingly driving down the prices of the market? Talk about a contridiction. :shrugs:
Jay :cool:

$20.00 Ultramel Bloodred? That's just crazy. What are you thinking Mike? If that's the case I will take a whole clutch. If memory serves me, aren't you the one who made a post complaining about how people/breeders are unjustly and undeservingly driving down the prices of the market? Talk about a contridiction. :shrugs:
Jay :cool:

I'm sure Mike is just poking fun at the fact that the Ultramel Bloodred market was crashed this past season by a few people who horribly dropped the prices in the online classified sections.

I'm sure Mike is just poking fun at the fact that the Ultramel Bloodred market was crashed this past season by a few people who horribly dropped the prices in the online classified sections.

Considering this thread is titled "Price List" indicates the prices listed are what he is asking. I do notice, how ever, he has listed out to the side that he will sell them for "$20 or market value, which ever is higher". But still it's a "price list" and that doesn't sound like "poking fun" to me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is just a humorous attempt to show how the price on that particular morph dropped like a rock due to a few specific vendors. I agree that the drop rate really had no precedence in cornsnakes.

All joking aside, though, I won't be surprised in ultramel bloods generally sell for the same price as hypo bloods this year. That's sad, but you could have bought them for $100 a couple of months ago - and I've paid more than that for good hypo bloods! The adult ultramel bloods I've seen make hypo bloods look like a dog turd, too,......but that ship has sailed.

*Ultramel Blood - $20 or market value, whatever is higher

This gives me room to adjust my prices, especially if anyone drops their prices half way through the season. I am preparing for what seems inevitable.

Considering what the economy is now, it's really going to be interesting to see what kind of pricing actually does come out for the '09 season. Hopefully, responsibilty will prevail.

I've seen that thread somewhere.....;)

I wasn't sure. It was a small thread in the insider's only area, so I didn't think many people saw how bad some individuals crashed the market on ultramel bloods in less than a year.

Ultramel Bloodreds

Well Mike, I have a question for you why would you have paid 500 bucks for a pair of hets for ultramel bloodred last year, when you are producing your own this year! Then go on and complain that I am killing the market? There were reasons I priced that snake for the price I did .It wasnt my idea of what a ultramel bloodred should look like. Yes its that simple. It was het for carmel, which seems to turn animals, even just hets a yellowish color. Even though some may have liked the idea that most of mine were het carmel. It wasnt my idea of what the morph should look like.
It really dont matter what the market of any morph is, thats very general. I produced Hypo Lavenders at the time the market was around 100 each. I sold the ones I produced for 300, I wouldnt have let them leave my house any cheaper and tell you what the ones I did offer sold FAST! Here is a Quote of what you wrote in the thread you posted :
I understand normal decrease in price of a morph over a few years, I understand that prices will not hold in the long term, but we can help keep them up.
Here is why I started the thread, this should help explain what I am trying to get at. I gladly paid $500 for a pair of ultramels het for blood at the beginning of the 2008 season. If the breeder that I bought those from was selling ultramel bloods for $200 at the end of the 2008 season I would be furious.

Well Mike, I have a question for you why would you have paid 500 bucks for a pair of hets for ultramel bloodred last year, when you are producing your own this year! Then go on and complain that I am killing the market? There were reasons I priced that snake for the price I did .It wasnt my idea of what a ultramel bloodred should look like. Yes its that simple. It was het for carmel, which seems to turn animals, even just hets a yellowish color. Even though some may have liked the idea that most of mine were het carmel. It wasnt my idea of what the morph should look like.
It really dont matter what the market of any morph is, thats very general. I produced Hypo Lavenders at the time the market was around 100 each. I sold the ones I produced for 300, I wouldnt have let them leave my house any cheaper and tell you what the ones I did offer sold FAST! Here is a

I did buy a pair of hets last year, and yes I am producing visuals this year. I cannot wait, the ultramel blood adults that I have seen are smoking. Did you know that the more well known breeders have ultramel bloods het for caramel for $750, this year?

I think that posting a price list with $20.00 for an Ultramel blood is a poor joke, some of these people look at you guy's price lists as the price set for the season.I know it's been a tough year for price cuts but it's not going to be to long at this rate when there are going to be no corns over $200.00 and the breeders that rely on selling snakes as their only source of income will be out of business.
John

Last edited:
Now Now...No matter what Mike says, we all know this is just a joke...just an observation we all know is exagerated BUT not far off. I've seen Ultramel Bloods for as low as $100 this past season (multiple animals in the $150-$250 price range). I'm not breeding any Ultramel Bloods but MY GUESS (and it's just that) is Ultramel Bloods in the '09 season will run ON AVERAGE $200-$400. I'm still gonna pick one up just because I like the way they look- not everything is about money.

Mike- your retail pricelist is gettin' people all wound up. Can you PM me your wholesale list ;)

Last edited:
I have had quite a few animals start breeding, so I should have eggs very soon. Here are a couple pics of my ultramels het blood breeding.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0347.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0347.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Copy of IMG_0349.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0349.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 140
All of my emoryi have been breed, and about half of my alterna and corns have breed. Some of the corns of interest, in which I have observed a breeding, are: Ultramels het blood, bloods poss het hypo lav, and ultramel motley het aner stripe X snow stripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back