PDA

View Full Version : my 07 wont eat help please

my 07 wont eat help please

bigbull
02-20-2009, 06:53 AM
i know that most male stop eating aroud this time (breeding time)

but he is only a 07 and is about 2 foot long no were near breeding size

will he still stop eating till breeding time is ova

he has only missed one meal so not too worryed atm but i would just like to ask is this the start of him not eating

and no matter what there size is do there still stop eating

thanks nick

Tracee
02-20-2009, 11:51 AM
He could be blue. Or just off his food. They do refuse from time to time, seemingly for no reason at all. Try again in another week :)

bigbull
02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
he has just shead so defo not in blue he only shead off on sat and he ate too when in shead as i had just got him and he didnt have milked eyes

now he has shead no food taken

stuben little thing lol

ok i iwll try him next week

medusacoils
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Don't panic. I have an adult that hasn't eaten since early November. That was before brumation. He has been up for a bit, but is still on his hunger strike. I would just try again on your next scheduled feeding day.

Good Luck,

Wayne

bigbull
02-20-2009, 04:17 PM
thanks wayne i iwll do im not too worryed yet as it is only one week and a snake cn safely miss a few meals and it not hurt them

the main thing i was askin is do small or younge male still not eat in breeding time even if there no were near breeding size or age

medusacoils
02-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Sorry, misunderstood. I have an 07 male opal and I put it near my female and he began to twitch like a stud. So, I wouldn't doubt that it's probable that he could go off feed because of the season. Do you have any females near him? If you do, that may be the reason. Or he is just typical juvenile male of any species and is feeling his oats! LOL!!

Wayne

bigbull
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
i have a gravid female ova the other side of the room from him

and a female rat snake other side of the room

but befor i got him he lived with a adult anery female corn (not while with me !!!!)

and the last owner said he breed with her (which i dont know how much of that is true)

beacues of age of him

but with me he is in his owner viv with no females in with him

but in short i do have females but not right next to him