PDA

View Full Version : Another regurge?

Another regurge?

jhammer
02-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I fed rocky a couple days ago and I have another one of them I-can't-tell-what-it-is things. I fed him a small pinkie, (he usually eats fuzzies) around two days ago. I believe it might just be a poo. It doesn't really resemble a mouse and it doesn't stink. But there were no urates or anything. Could he have digested that pinkie so quick? It was just kind of a brownish-green semi-solid blob with no mouse features. (Sorry about the description, the camera went missing!)

jhammer
02-20-2009, 01:20 PM
And by semi-solid, I mean I put my hand in an inside-out baggie and removed it. Just didn't want anyone to think I picked it up and analyzed it....LOL!

Nanci
02-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Lots of my snakes have poops with no urates.

I think I may have invented a new way to tell! Save the poop. If it smells worse with time it's a regurge. If it dries up and smells less...poo.

medusacoils
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
If he ate a small pinkie, but he usually eats fuzzies. That meal "may?" have digested quickly. Snake usually poop out their meal around 3 days, after they eat.

There isn't a whole lot to a pinkie. Their bones haven't developed quite yet and it just like a little bag of milk fed, nutrient rich, fat. It could be just poo. In my limited experience with regurge, they stink! It's a terrible odor accompanying a partially digested pinkie. I hope it helps.

Good Luck,

Wayne

jhammer
02-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I was thinking the same thing too. I had some of the aspen bedding with it in the bag, but I braved up and took a whiff and couldn't smell anything. I'm sure it would have knocked my socks off if it was a regurge.

Nanci
02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm sure it would have knocked my socks off if it was a regurge.

Compare it to taking a big whiff of three-day-old dead raccoon. Split open and covered with maggots. Kind of melted. That's about what it smells like.

danielle
02-20-2009, 06:54 PM
I went through 2 regurges with mine and the first one stank to high heaven no mistaking that, but the second was regurged so quickly it didn't stink at all strangely though I could see it was in fact a pink. If it doesn't smell like death or look like a mushy pink it was probably poop.

jhammer
02-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Okay....That's what I was thinking. He ate about two days ago. If he regurged that soon, wouldn't a pinky still be kinda pink? But, I feel better because I don't think it's a regurge because it didn't stink....

jhammer
02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Adding on to that, when he regurged his fuzzy a couple weeks ago, we thought that the kitty pooped somewhere, until I seen something in his tank. LOL! He's doing fine now. He was out exploring yesterday evening.