PDA

View Full Version : Problems moving from pinkies to fluffs?

Problems moving from pinkies to fluffs?

ivenner
02-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi

When we picked up Buster, my son's Hypo Okeetee, I was told that he was ready to move to fluffs / fuzzies. So I bought some small fluffs. However he will not touch them, but gulps down a pinky as son as it is presented.

Does anyone have any ideas that may help us move Buster onto fluffs, or is it a case of trying each time until he is ready? I am not overly worried as he is eating, but would like to get him onto them if possible.

He is big enough to eat one, as he and the fluff are about the same size around.

Cheers

Ian

danielle
02-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Depends on his size, but you can always halve them lengthwise for the first few feedings and see if that works.

ComoxCorn
02-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I only had one snake reluctant to transition from pinkies to fuzzies. I decided just to leave the fuzzy in with the snake in its feeding bin and cover it up with a dark cloth. When I went back a few hours later, the fuzzy was gone and I've never had a problem again. Good luck.

Nanci
02-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I'd try that, too. Has he ever eaten double pinks? That's like a step in between. But covering and leaving alone really helps, most of the time. BUT if he still won't eat them, then don't "make" him- he may know more than you about if the size is too large, or not.

ivenner
02-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Buster is on double pinks at the moment - well one large and one small. So I guess we will try the covered feeding bin next week.

yet again more great advice from the cornsnakes forums.

Cheers

Ian

ivenner
02-22-2009, 02:04 PM

Buster is on double pinks at the moment - well one large and one small. So I guess we will try the covered feeding bin next week.

Cheers

Ian

ivenner
02-22-2009, 02:09 PM

Cheers

Ian

EmJagsz
02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Just thought I'd throw some personal experience here :) My first corn to go on fuzzies, August, has never missed a meal with me and she has always willingly eaten for me aswell. Of course, there are time where she likes to play with her food first by nudging it or pushing it around before she finally decides to eat it, but she does eat it :) Anyway, there was only one time where she did not take her food right away and she was "playing" with it seemingly longer than usual... Now, I didn't necessarily have the time to sit around and wait for her to eat, so I kindly placed her into a deli cup with the fuzzy and set it ontop of her viv (to try to keep her remotely warm) and covered the cup with a cloth. I came back half an hour later and the fuzzy was gone! :D Good luck with Buster!!
:cheers:

ivenner
03-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi All

Based on the advice above, we popped Buster in his Feed box today, with his fuzzy, and covered him over. Well being overly impatient we popped back after about 5 mins, and there he was happily munching down on it.

Brilliant!

I got some great (well we think they are) shots, but can't find the camera lead, but will post as soon as I can.

thanks again all who gave pointers, very happy.

Cheers

Ian

EmJagsz
03-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Congrats on getting Buster to eat his fuzzy!! Definitely looking forward to seeing those photos :D

ivenner
03-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi

I have now posted photos of Buster and his fuzzy moment in eth 'Photos' section of the forums.

Cheers

Ian