PDA

View Full Version : Digestion time

Digestion time

blaznee
02-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi !

I worry about my cornsnake digestion time...
At 5 months old she used to poop 3 days after meat, and now she's 2 yo it takes her 7/8 days to poop... is it normal ?
Last week I gave her a bath, she pooped 5mn after her come back home, but actually still same problem, looong digestion time, longer and longer...

Thanks for help !

StormRose
02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
I've noticed the same in my 3 yo who was just moved up to adult mice. The lump is gone in 2-3 days, but she takes about a week to completely pass the meal.

I haven't worried about it much because now her feeding schedule is every 14 days instead of every 7, so if she passed it too quickly she'd have a long time of sitting hungry before her next meal.

I think the larger prey items just take longer to break down. That's a lot of energy to process. Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken though. :)

blaznee
02-25-2009, 03:52 PM
thanks a lot for your help !

I already tried to give her a smaller mouse, but not any change...

tbroaddus
02-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Was getting ready to feed my 07 okeetee just last week after 7 or 8 days after his last meal and he let loose all over my son's shirt. So you are not alone in this.

bitsy
02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
As they get older their digestion slows down a little and larger items take longer to digest anyway. What you're describing is normal. There's no need to make the meals smaller.

blaznee
02-26-2009, 01:18 PM
ok thanks.

I was worrying, she didn't left her hide since her last meat 8 days ago :awcrap:
and no shed this month.