PDA

View Full Version : Snake burn

Snake burn

Lennycorn
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
This is what happen when use a blow torch to them.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Lennycorn/IMG_0007-2.jpg
Sorry I was paint today.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Lennycorn/IMG_0002.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Lennycorn/IMG_0001.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Lennycorn/IMG_0018.jpg

I'm treating this with some triple antibiotic ointment.
Poor guy .
Damn kids
There are four things that could of done that, fire place, hot water radiator , gas dryer and the boiler. I search them all but didn't find him at any location. I took them all apart. What a pain, but not as much as he has now. He must of been moving around on me.

LostNFound
02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
OMg :( poor guy!! I hope he heals QUICKLY!!

medusacoils
02-27-2009, 07:20 PM
OMG!! That's not good! I hope he gets better soon that poor little guy!

Wayne

Lennycorn
02-27-2009, 07:21 PM
He didn't look like that until after he shedded. I was very shocked to see that!!

medusacoils
02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
He didn't look like that until after he shedded. I was very shocked to see that!!

I would be shocked too! That's a shame! I hate looking at burns it makes me get them twitches in my back and the hair stand up on my neck.

What did it get away on you?

Wayne

danielle
02-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Holy crap that looks terrible! I'm no vet but you may want to see one those burns look severe.

Iguanagirl8662
02-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Aww poor baby, hope he gets better soon.

Lennycorn
02-27-2009, 08:04 PM
What did it get away on you?

Wayne

Where???
My gound floor of my house. Den has a fireplace and utility room has washer/dryer and boiler.

danielle
02-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I want to give him a big kiss on all his booboos ouch. I am so sorry he got out and sought warmth in the wrong place.

Em Wright
02-27-2009, 08:56 PM
That poor fella... I hope he does alright and recovers okay. Have you taken him to a vet?

medusacoils
02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Where???
My gound floor of my house. Den has a fireplace and utility room has washer/dryer and boiler.

Nope, I meant "what"! I just forgot the "question mark".

i.e; What, did it get away on you?

I should have also added this to that question;

OR, did you just find it like that?

Sorry for the poor grammar and slang!!

Wayne

vetusvates
02-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Wow, Lenny. Hope he turns out OK. How long was he gone? (Seems like I remember you having an MIA in your sig.)

alan
02-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Man, I hope all that heals. Keep us posted so people can know what to expect from something like this.
I guess this shows that they won't move away before they're burned.

Lennycorn
02-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah..MIA
The story.
Thankgiving, wife invites her grand nephews for a sleep over to give her sister a break. She watches them alot.
well one of the little ##$%&*(R) got up in the middle night or early in the moring and let lenny out. I went to do a job that day and no one notice till I got home. We found him about three week ago. He looks worse now after his shed. I thought it look like two small burns a more scrapes but then he sheded.
Oh boy. funny during his blue I did feed him and he ate like a champ.
Now you thinks being under "stress" he wouldn't eat or reguge.
Nope, just prove..some do and some don't.

JustineNYC
02-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Shedding was probably like pulling a scab off that. Maybe thats why he looks worse. Poor thing. I hope he heals quickly!

alan
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Maybe it was hot enough to damage the soft tissue under the scales, but not hot enough to damage the scales. I think that means the snake stayed at the heat for a while.

Em Wright
02-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Oh my goodness, darn kids!! :(

I guess if we ever have children over that we'll make sure to lock the snake room and padlock any of the cages out in the living room. Just to be safe!

I really hope he gets better. That poor fella!

Bobo's Mama
02-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Lenny, I really hope he heals up for you. This is just awful. He reminds me so much of my Bobo. He was first corn and an amel too. I can't imagine what I'd be feeling if that happened to Bobo.

Lennycorn
02-27-2009, 10:27 PM
I'll keep everyone posted and some pictures too.
He will be getting triple antibiotic and paper towel bedding treatment for a while I think.

Devilscat
02-27-2009, 10:28 PM
I am so sorry for your snake. Hope he gets better.

RobbiesCornField
02-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I would be tracking down those kids and beating the living !@!@^$!@$%@#^&!*@ out of 'em. Their parents wouldn't be able to recognize them after putting any of my animals in that kind of pain! I wish a speedy recovery for your boy.

Lennycorn
02-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I would be tracking down those kids and beating the living !@!@^$!@$%@#^&!*@ out of 'em. Their parents wouldn't be able to recognize them after putting any of my animals in that kind of pain! I wish a speedy recovery for your boy.

Yeah.....the kids are young but death was on my mind.
I do want them to see what happen. But the young one we think did it. so ..showing him might not help.

RobbiesCornField
02-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah.....the kids are young but death was on my mind.
I do want them to see what happen. But the young one we think did it. so ..showing him might not help.

But he has to learn that there's consequences for his actions. All the better if it scars him for life. He needs to learn what he did is wrong, and he should ONLY be going near someone's pets when that person is present.

Lennycorn
02-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I'll get all the kids to see lenny.
They are do back soon.
I'm kinda piss at the wife too.
Stuff like this happen when they come by.

icestorm
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM
OUCH! Poor thing

Em Wright
02-28-2009, 12:46 AM
I would definately make sure that not only the kids see it, but their parents too. Make sure they know why you're upset. I'm really sorry about your boy, and as many others (and I have previously) I really hope he recovers!!

saszoo
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM
I'll get all the kids to see lenny.
They are do back soon.
I'm kinda piss at the wife too.
Stuff like this happen when they come by.

wow, that's terrible! I would just absolutely flip. and would be pissed at the mrs. too, just because i couldn't contain myself! I get upset if someone leaves the tempered frog room door open in my house! i say it's a good time to let the kids see what they did, and let them know EVERYTHING that isn't tolerable anymore! lay the hammer down lennycorn!:fullauto:

Jenstar
02-28-2009, 02:38 AM
This is just another reason I don't want kids. :(

I hope Lenny gets better soon.

starsevol
02-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Oh Lenny, I'm so sorry about your boy! Do you think he'll pull through. GEEZ!
I've never regretted not having kids. They are scary unpredictable little creatures.....
PLEASE let us know how he's doing.
This hurts my heart.

JustineNYC
02-28-2009, 10:44 AM
How old was the kid? A 4 year old or like a 9 year old that shouldve known better.

crackerhead
02-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I know it looks awful but the snake most likely will recover. I have a Fox Snake that I found at a pet store with severe burns (about 70% of his dorsal surface) from a light fixture with a heat emitter placed inside his too small tank. There was still crispy skin adhered to the fixture when I found him. :-puke02: I removed him from the tank, showed the owner, ranted about horrible care and the fact that it was illegal to sell them here. I then walked out the door with him. He did just fine. I used Silvidene Cream, pain killer and Batryl injections and paper towel bedding for a long time. With each shed the wounds looked better and better. He still has a nasty crusty looking scar but he eats, is active and very sweet; that was about 6 years ago. I hope all goes well for your guy. Continue to feed him and keep him warm to speed up his metabolism and subsequent healing. Good Luck and keep us posted!
Terri

BobbyHill
02-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the positive story, crackerhead. Lenny, I hope your snake heals up okay! I feel really bad for him. :(

Iguanagirl8662
03-13-2009, 07:18 PM
I was wondering how Lenny was doing? Did you have to take him to the vet?

Lennycorn
03-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I was wondering how Lenny was doing? Did you have to take him to the vet?

I was thinking of you today.
I can't wait to go sailling and get you and your (as izzy says) boytoy out there on the wire flying a hull.
No I didn't take him there I been keeping a close eye on him and It seem he is getting better. I just posted about him on DYK thread.
Thanks you for thinking of him.
Do you plan on working the Nature Center this Summer
If so I'll get a hold of you from there.

Iguanagirl8662
03-13-2009, 09:29 PM
I was thinking of you today.
I can't wait to go sailling and get you and your (as izzy says) boytoy out there on the wire flying a hull.
No I didn't take him there I been keeping a close eye on him and It seem he is getting better. I just posted about him on DYK thread.
Thanks you for thinking of him.
Do you plan on working the Nature Center this Summer
If so I'll get a hold of you from there.

Lol, I was sitting next to my boyfriend when I read this we both got a laugh out of that.

I'm glad that he isn't that bad that he needs to see the vet. Hopefully it will heal up with a few sheds.

I will definitely be working at the Nature Center and possibly the Kayak tours again(run out of the Nature center) so I'll be there a lot.

Lennycorn
03-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Lol, I was sitting next to my boyfriend when I read this we both got a laugh out of that.

I'm glad that he isn't that bad that he needs to see the vet. Hopefully it will heal up with a few sheds.

I will definitely be working at the Nature Center and possibly the Kayak tours again(run out of the Nature center) so I'll be there a lot.

Yeah, boytoy is funny. It dosen't work with girltoy It's sounds wrong.
Yeah, cool I'll see Gret or Sue. or just walk next door to leave a message.
It's hard to tell what the winds will be doing tho.
My offer still hold for the use of my butter too.

Enjoy
Lenny

Lennycorn
03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I have to give this guy some credit..
He's a tough bird. He when from burnt toast to a under cook roast!

He shedded two day ago, he was bleeding like you would from a scrape knee.
Alan was right he has more damage under the scales than I thought when I first found him. This is going to take longer than I thought. Dang.....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Lennycorn/IMG_0045.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Lennycorn/IMG_0044.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Lennycorn/IMG_0043.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Lennycorn/IMG_0046.jpg

MinLynn
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Ooooh! Poor baby! I think he'll pull right on through, though! I wanna just kiss his little head!

Lennycorn
03-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Ooooh! Poor baby! I think he'll pull right on through, though! I wanna just kiss his little head!

No kiss or licking this baked snake for now..

Devilscat
03-19-2009, 06:33 PM
He is a trouper. I get the shivers just thinking of the pain he must be going through. I can tell you like him. With your patience and care he will get better.

Em Wright
03-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Oooh that poor little guy. I feel so terrible for him! Please, please keep us updated on him and I hope he continues to get well!

MinLynn
03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
You're right, Lenny. He doesn't look very lickable right now. I'll blow him a kiss instead!

Lennycorn
03-19-2009, 08:28 PM
You're right, Lenny. He doesn't look very lickable right now. I'll blow him a kiss instead!

Blow him a soft kiss if you don't mind..he's still tender. ha!

LostNFound
03-19-2009, 08:31 PM
he looks better Yay for Lenny!! Still has a ways to go :( I am glad he is better tho!

Do keep us updated.

Ooopsy
03-19-2009, 09:14 PM
That poor snake - thank goodness you came along when you did or he might not be here today. Imagine the pain the poor thing is going through... :(

Good job, Lenny :spinner:

JustineNYC
03-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Ugh, Hes burnt right down to his meat. If anyone of us were burnt like that we'd be on morphine. Poor baby.

Is he eating Lenny?

Iguanagirl8662
03-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Keep it extremely clean and at any point if it seems infected or starts to smell go see that vet. I had a snake that I rescued that was injured just like that and I couldn't find a vet anywhere that would see him and the day I found one he died. The one I rescued was filthy though, I'm sure Lenny will be okay as long as you keep him clean. I hope he gets better as soon as possible, but your right it is probably going to take awhile, poor little guy.

chia44
03-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Dear God that second set of pictures just makes my eyes water! So sad! We are all pullin for him!

Chris Flanary
03-24-2009, 12:35 AM
thats awful looking. im sorry for you and the snake. i hope you treat it back to health

measley
03-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Awww, Lennycorn-man... I'm so sorry I missed this thread. I hope Lenny gets better soon, he must be hurting and I'm sure it's hurting you seeing him like that.

My thoughts are with you and the little guy.

medusacoils
05-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey LennyCorn, I was just thinking about this snake and was wonder how the snake was healing? Do you have any new pics?

Wayne

ceduke
05-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Oooh, I get sore just looking at those!

I took in a pretty badly burned chameleon a few years ago and I was certain that he was toast, but he did very well after a few sheds and AFAIK is still alive and happy. I hope your little guy starts healing up soon!

Lennycorn
05-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Ahhh yes, sorry I forgot to post new pictures. maybe tonight. My Main PC is down and I working off a laptop and cann't find the right port .
But he is well and looking better, he just shedded a few day ago. he still has sore areas but they are under the top layer of skin..like you have with a blister. it's loose like that too. Odd but true. I'll see if I can post so pictures of the guy.

medusacoils
05-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Ahhh yes, sorry I forgot to post new pictures. maybe tonight. My Main PC is down and I working off a laptop and cann't find the right port .
But he is well and looking better, he just shedded a few day ago. he still has sore areas but they are under the top layer of skin..like you have with a blister. it's loose like that too. Odd but true. I'll see if I can post so pictures of the guy.

That is great, my friend! I think about this snakey from time to time. Can't wait to see the pics!

Wayne