• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is the best way to heat this?

JustineNYC

I have a few enclosures Im looking at to replicate....

28x14x18.jpg

Would a UTH stuck to a tile work? I was thinking about doing that and prior to drilling together, making a hole for the cord.

I also thought about making a square in the bottom piece of wood for plexi or glass, siliconing it in and attaching the UTH to that.

The last thing I want is to put it together and have the design not be good.

After you get all the kinks worked out of the enclosure please post the the blue prints and directions... or better yet have your friend make multiples ( and send me one) lol

OK The reason I ask is the if he could router out a notch to hold flexwatt then you could cover it in plexglass.

Is the hunk across the street going to make this for you???

hehe

He is a contractor, married, 3 kids and is never home, I really dont want to ask. Quite honestly, I have only been here since November and I dont want people knowing I own snakes. I live next to kill snakes, all snakes on sight people. Sometimes when you live in a subdivision its best to keep your business to yourself.

Anyway, I have a jigsaw I thought about using to cut a square in the bottom piece of wood.....Like these people did....

expandable_partb.jpg

Would that not work?

I want just ..joking!

You can try but keep in mind that a jigsaw won't just you a nice square cut.

I want just ..joking!

You can try but keep in mind that a jigsaw won't just you a nice square cut.

Really? What would be better to use? Would Lowes be able to cut me out a square?

See this is why I ask you guys, youre the experts! LOL

I was planning on having lowes do all the cuts, but I didnt think theyd be able to cut the square out of the bottom, thats why I said Id do it.

The door is just going to be plexi with hinges. The wood around the door is just molding cut at 45 degree angles. I did my own molding work in my old home, the bottom half of my kitchen was panel with molding, thats easy.

I was planning on having lowes do all the cuts, but I didnt think theyd be able to cut the square out of the bottom, thats why I said Id do it.

The door is just going to be plexi with hinges. The wood around the door is just molding cut at 45 degree angles. I did my own molding work in my old home, the bottom half of my kitchen was panel with molding, thats easy.

Well you didn't say you did your own molding work before!!
I need to know what you can handle here.
I know, I know
I women like you can handle anything a man can. yeah yeah.
Did you use a chopsaw/mitterbox??

Ive used a mitterbox. I know how to use a drill and hammer and measuring tape, I can handle hinges, I can caulk, silicone.....I just dont want to use any kind of electric saw thatll take my arm off. Ive used hand saws before. When I did my own panels, Home Depot cut the panels and I put them up and did the molding.

Now what is that at the bottom of the viv you made? Is that Flexwatt?

Im trying to figure out how Im going to eat it and also the screens/vents for air.

Yes it flexwatt. I order it on-line but I lost the link. I sure someone here has a good site for that.

As I stated in my second or so post...I use a router to make a "hole" to house the flexwatt the router just a little to hold the Plexiglas.

The vent...I never found any information on how many square inch is need for a viv. I did not want to have too little so you see what I can up with.
Oh, my vent is metal screening. Not figerglass

How did you attach the metal screen to the cage?

My box is made from 3/4 finish plywood.
first I cut a hole to the size you see then I use a router to give me a 3/8" lip to staple the screen and cape it with the trim/screen molding to make it flush.

Back