*Snow Caramel Motley - $100
Ultramel - $35
*Ultramel Blood - $250
Ultramel Motley - $50
*Ultramel Stripe - $300-400
*Ultracarmelaner (Ultramel caramel aner) motley - $400-500
Ultramelaner motley - $150-250
*Ultramelaner stripe - $500-750

I also plan on producing "okeetees" het for ghost. The okeetee I am using is an Abbott's and the ghost I am using in from a line that already has some great borders. I expect the F2s to look great.

"okeetee" het ghost - $75

* denotes that I am already pre-sold out. I can not take any more depostis for animals marked with an *.

Check out my website for TOS

Tom Tuttle
03-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Looks the same as the other list. ;)Why don't you delete one?:shrugs: Best of luck with your season! I hope you produce all the ones with deposits.:cheers:

Jay@PJCReptiles
03-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Mike,
Your really killin' me here with these prices. I mean c'mon now. Talk about low balling the industry. :shrugs:
Jay :cool:

danielle
03-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I was noticing your uber cheap prices too! Wow your almost 40% cheaper than anyone,lol!

Caryl
03-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Do you currently have any snow caramel motleys, or will this year's production be the first ones? If you do have them, do you have any pictures?

KJUN
03-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Do you currently have any snow caramel motleys, or will this year's production be the first ones? If you do have them, do you have any pictures?

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71011

When Mike produced those last year from a golddust motley het aner and a butter motley het aner, I had to get some. I've personally got 2 snow caramel motleys and an ultramel aner caramel motley in the keeper room - all three from Mike. I'm already on the reservation list for more this year - they are going to be genetic powerhouses around here in another 2 years!

I'm heading out the door for a quick trip, but I'll try to post some images of mine (from Mike) for comparison....

cornmorphs
03-08-2009, 08:25 AM

cant wait to se pictures of these, i'm looking at the stripes for sure i reckon tho.

StrangeCargo
03-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't see anything really wrong with Mike's prices! Heck- I wish I could still get $20 for an amel or $45 for a butter motley! I've seen much cheaper animals being listed here on cornsnakes.com or that "other" reptile classifieds site for sale!

I should be producing at least 5 of the morphs that Mike will be and I'd be happy at getting those prices...My okeetees will be at least double his prices BUT I've put TONS of money/effort into my breeders- they are TOP notch extreme okeetee bloodlines...

I just got back from an expo this weekend (I went both saturday and sunday)...none of the higher end animals there BUT the regular corn morphs (amels, stripes, butters, butter mots, bloods, etc) there were CHEAPER than Mikes 2009 listed prices!!!

Who knows...I'm staying out of this. Hope everyone has a great production year!

Caryl
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71011

When Mike produced those last year from a golddust motley het aner and a butter motley het aner, I had to get some. I've personally got 2 snow caramel motleys and an ultramel aner caramel motley in the keeper room - all three from Mike. I'm already on the reservation list for more this year - they are going to be genetic powerhouses around here in another 2 years!

I'm heading out the door for a quick trip, but I'll try to post some images of mine (from Mike) for comparison....

Thanks for the link, KJ. They're gorgeous - maybe I need to get on that waiting list, too. ;)

mike17l
03-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Mike,
Your really killin' me here with these prices. I mean c'mon now. Talk about low balling the industry. :shrugs:

You know, in another thread someone said I was to expensive. :shrugs:

From: http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74428
Ok, been thinking about a way to offer these babies up at a good deal for anyone. So seeing as most of the higher end morphs went well without much advertising, I wanted to be sure at if you didnt get a chance to get one of them, that you would might be interested in some with hets at a great deal. There are a total of 34 animals available. All are eating f/t pinks+ and have shed a few times as well.

Here we go folks: Take the whole lot of 34 corns left for $420 shipped!! That works out to $10 a snake and $80 towards the shipping costs. Or we can do smaller lots. And of course, individual sales are welcome. This will be on a 'FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE" basis only. I would love to see them go before the snow flies here in Maine, so my desire to move these animals is your gain. The more you buy the better your price will be.

PJCR015: Ghost het Blizzard x Ghost het Blizzard
1.0 Coral Snow ph Charcoal $35 PIC POSTED
0.2 Ghost ph Charcoal, Amel $25 PICS POSTED

PJCR016: Snow x Lavender het Anery
0.2 Normal het Amel, Anery, Lavender (SnOpal) $15 ALL PICS POSTED

PJCR017: Butter Motley x Caramel Motley het Amel
1.0 Caramel Motley het Amel $35 ON HOLD

PJCR018: Classic het Anery, Motley, Sunkissed x Classic het Anery, Motley, Sunkissed
6.0 Normal "Classic" ph Anery, Motley, Sunkissed $15

PJCR019: "Pastel" Ghost x Anery het Hypo
4.2 Anery het Hypo $15 FEMALES PICS POSTED
1.1 Ghost $20 PICS POSTED FEMALE ON HOLD

PJCR020: Amel het Anery, Blood, Hypo, Stripe x Normal het Amel, Anery, Blood, Hypo, Stripe
1.1 Amel ph Anery, Blood, Hypo, Stripe $20 PAIR SOLD
1.0 Normal het Amel ph Anery, Blood, Hypo, Stripe $20

PJCR021: Anery Motley het Amel x Okeetee (Love Line) het Amel
6.2 Normal het Motley, Anery ph Amel $20
0.1 Amel het Anery, Motley $20

PJCR023: Normal het Amel, Anery, Blood x Amel het Anery, Blood
1.2 Amel ph Anery, Blood $20
1.0 Normal het Amel ph Anery, Blood $15
0.1 Anery het Amel ph Blood $20 PIC POSTED SOLD

PJCR024: Amel het Anery, Blood, Hypo, Stripe x Normal het Amel, Anery, Blood, Hypo
1.0 Normal het Amel ph Anery, Blood, Hypo $15
1.1 Hypo het Amel ph Anery, Blood $20 FEMALE SOLD

Please drop us an email or pm with your interests and offers. Shipping starts at $50. Pictures available upon request. They will come with feed/shed records. All terms and policies are posted on our website.

Thank you for your interest and time with us here at PJC Reptiles.

PJ and Jay :wavey:

:shrugs:

I was noticing your uber cheap prices too! Wow your almost 40% cheaper than anyone,lol!

Perhaps you can get 40% more? Or perhaps, these are the same exact prices that many have posted all over this forum, as well as other forums and websites. Or perhaps the only people that have higher prices have higher advertising budget as well? Where did you see snakes that are 60% more than mine (I think thats the way it works, if mine are 40% less, then there's would be 60% more? not quite sure, oh well, you get the idea)?

Looks the same as the other list. ;)Why don't you delete one?:shrugs: Best of luck with your season! I hope you produce all the ones with deposits.:cheers:

I should, everything with deposits has breed, except the pair that should produce ultramel caramel aner motleys, and that may or may not have happened last night, but should happen soon.

cant wait to se pictures of these, i'm looking at the stripes for sure i reckon tho.

I assume you are talking about the ultracaramelaner mots, I wish I had that in a striped version, that would be HOTT!! Maybe in 3 years.

I don't see anything really wrong with Mike's prices! Heck- I wish I could still get $20 for an amel or $45 for a butter motley! I've seen much cheaper animals being listed here on cornsnakes.com or that "other" reptile classifieds site for sale!

I should be producing at least 5 of the morphs that Mike will be and I'd be happy at getting those prices...My okeetees will be at least double his prices BUT I've put TONS of money/effort into my breeders- they are TOP notch extreme okeetee bloodlines...

I just got back from an expo this weekend (I went both saturday and sunday)...none of the higher end animals there BUT the regular corn morphs (amels, stripes, butters, butter mots, bloods, etc) there were CHEAPER than Mikes 2009 listed prices!!!

Who knows...I'm staying out of this. Hope everyone has a great production year!

You know, at $20 for amels, I have yet to get a deposit, sure would be nice though. Its a tough world though, especially when you are competing with shows, and you can buy amels at shows for $10 from most every breeder out there. Graham, if my okeetees were as good as yours, I would be asking double for them, oh well. In a couple years I should be producing some great ones, until then, they are priced according to quality.

Thanks for the link, KJ. They're gorgeous - maybe I need to get on that waiting list, too. ;)

They are one of my favorites, last year I produced 3 ultracaramelaner mots (the only 3 known in the world) and 3 snow caramel mots, hopefully I will produce just as many this year, so the waiting list for these is very small, I would act sooner than later.

Eggs are coming in a matter of days. I can not wait, one of my first clutches should produce ultramel bloods, amel bloods, and ultra bloods, very soon there after I will be producing ultramelaner stripes and the ultracaramelaner mots should not be too long after that. Good times are ahead.

If I have not said it, these prices are for deposit only. I will not be offering neonates (except perhaps a very limited few of "high-end" ones) for sale once I have had my last clutch hatch. After my last clutch hatches most of these will no longer be available.

KJUN
03-09-2009, 06:30 PM

I agree. Mike cooked some good ones. I'm really excited to see what they look like as adults. Rich's snow-butters were neat, so a snow-butter motley can't be too bad as an adult.....lol. That's an understatement, eh? On the ultramel+caramal+anerythristic+motleys, who knows what these are going to look like? Since these are the first, we need to wait a few more months and beg Mike for an image of his yearling male! I have a female that I love from Mike, but I suspect the males will be even better. Mike already has me on his list for a male ultramel+caramal+anerythristic+motley to go with my female, and I'm also going to get another female snow-butter motley from him. :)

One thing about both of my snow-butter motleys from Mike is that the motley circles go pretty much most of the way down. These are pretty motleys - not ones with just a few circles!

Jay@PJCReptiles
03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Mike,
These aren't our regular prices. That was the last of our inventory that we wanted to move. They were all basically the typical "lot fodder" with only a couple of lower end morphs. My wife made this pretty much abundantly clear when she made the post. We needed to move them but it definitely wasn't done in a way that would effect the market as a whole. It was meant to be a lot sale. Actually those snakes never went together as a lot in whole. We actually ended up getting more then what we posted them for because the lot was broken down into smaller purchases. Again, the prices listed on them were basically "Sale Prices" not the prices to set the market. The Normals, Amels, Anerys were all marked at typical pricing. There were only a couple of Normals that had 100% hets as all the others were possible hets. The real deal on the snakes that we sold in this add were the..........

1.0 Coral Snow ph Charcoal $35 (which I sold several at more then twice that amount.)

1.0 Caramel Motley het Amel $35 (which sold for a bit more as well)

Again, our posting was pretty much a "Clearance Sale" to move the last of our stock. Isn't that the name of the game? To try to sell everything that you produce, (minus holdbacks of course). These prices were made to do just this. We only try to produce what we project to sell that season and these were pretty much the left overs.

P.S. Once they hatch and have shed and fed I really would like a 1.1 Snow Caramel Motley pair.

mike17l
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Mike,
These aren't our regular prices. That was the last of our inventory that we wanted to move. They were all basically the typical "lot fodder" with only a couple of lower end morphs. My wife made this pretty much abundantly clear when she made the post. We needed to move them but it definitely wasn't done in a way that would effect the market as a whole. It was meant to be a lot sale. Actually those snakes never went together as a lot in whole. We actually ended up getting more then what we posted them for because the lot was broken down into smaller purchases. Again, the prices listed on them were basically "Sale Prices" not the prices to set the market. The Normals, Amels, Anerys were all marked at typical pricing. There were only a couple of Normals that had 100% hets as all the others were possible hets. The real deal on the snakes that we sold in this add were the..........

1.0 Coral Snow ph Charcoal $35 (which I sold several at more then twice that amount.)

1.0 Caramel Motley het Amel $35 (which sold for a bit more as well)

Again, our posting was pretty much a "Clearance Sale" to move the last of our stock. Isn't that the name of the game? To try to sell everything that you produce, (minus holdbacks of course). These prices were made to do just this. We only try to produce what we project to sell that season and these were pretty much the left overs.

P.S. Once they hatch and have shed and fed I really would like a 1.1 Snow Caramel Motley pair.

So if I put the words "Pre Hatch Sale" in my title, will that make it ok?

Seriously, I see no difference in dropping prices at the end of the season and advertising animals for the same price only 2 months later. Animals at the end of the season have usually fed and shed multiple times by the time they are offered at "clearance sale" prices, and should be worth more. This is the same debate I started in an insiders only thread. Instead of pricing animals high at the beginning of the season and drastically dropping those prices on the same animal only 5 or 6 months later, I have decided to offer my animals for the same price for the entirety of the time I am offering them for sale. Again, like I said, none of my low to mid range animals will be available after my last clutch hatches. All sales that I am making on low to mid range stuff is pre-sale/deposit only. I have a buyer willing to buy everything I have in that range, and have absolutely no desire to hold and feed animals for 5 months to only drastically reduce prices in the name of a sale. The only animals that I personally plan to feed more than 2 or 3 times this year is my personal keepers, the ones that I have deposits on, and the ones that are worth a little money.

If I payed the asking price for a pair of $500 "het" animals at the beginning of a season, and later in the same season saw the same breeder selling "visuals" for $500, I would be pissed off at that breeder. I have forgone this. I will not drop prices at the end of the season, I will not even have mid to low end animals available at the end of the season, the only things that will be available will be the more valuable animals, and I assure you, I will not drop the price on them. Their price is set in stone as far as I am concerned. If need be, I have no problem keeping the high-end animals as long as it takes, or perhaps, I will use them to feed my kings, but I will not crash a market with them. If I am destined to drop a price on a cultivar, my price will not come down, until the next breeding season.

If someone can honestly say that I am hurting them because my amels are $10 cheaper or my gold dust motleys are $25 cheaper than theirs, then they need to get a grip on reality (Jay this statement is not directed at you, it is very generalized). When was the last time someone pre-sold an amel for $30, a snow for $40, a butter for $50, an amber for $60, a ultramel for $70 or a golddust motley for even $125?

When was the last time you saw a regular ol amel sell for $30 at a show or in a classified ad somewhere?

mike17l
03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Like wise, I would not be as mad, but would still be upset, if I bought an amel for $30 from a breeder and a few months later saw the same breeder selling amels for $10 at the end of a show.

Public prices should be set in stone for any breeder, be it is on a website, on a forum, in a classified, or at a show. If someone wants to cut a deal or sell cheap to a friend, I have no problem with that, if and only if it is done behind the scenes. When it done it public it can be far more detrimental.

Silvergrin
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Not to get too far off the topic of Mike's lovely snakes, but I do not see a problem with offering "presale" animals at a reduced price. Aren't most things done this way? If the product is not on hand, early buyers are given an incentive for pre-purchasing (which helps the vender out lots!) by being offered lower costs.

These are prices close to what I was expecting/hoping to find because I was willing to pre-purchase :)

I do believe in holding stated prices firm through the season - one can offer deals to make clearing out more attractive if things need to move, though. As Jay@PJCReptiles was getting at (I think?), offering a significant discount on a group of 10 or so shouldn't make a previous customer who bought one snake at a higher price upset, I think?

mike17l
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I do believe in holding stated prices firm through the season - one can offer deals to make clearing out more attractive if things need to move, though. As Jay@PJCReptiles was getting at (I think?), offering a significant discount on a group of 10 or so shouldn't make a previous customer who bought one snake at a higher price upset, I think?

I agree, but Jay said I undercut the market significantly, while he advertised individual prices $15-30 less than his listed price, in the name of a "sale". He was also offering his animals as "hets". If you notice, none (except the obvious "okeetee" het ghost) of my animals are being sold as het anything. They are being sold as visual morphs only. If someone desires a particular set of hets, and knows that I am producing that, I can and will accommodate them, as you well know.

Thanks for the deposit and post.

El Jefe
03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
When was the last time you saw a regular ol amel sell for $30 at a show or in a classified ad somewhere?

A month ago. I was one of the few vendors at my most recent show with corns and sold several amels (and candy canes, etc) for $25-30.
Granted, these were well-fed 08's, looked good, and were sold in 09....don't think I'll get that price for 09's until it becomes 2010. ;)

mike17l
03-11-2009, 08:54 AM
A month ago. I was one of the few vendors at my most recent show with corns and sold several amels (and candy canes, etc) for $25-30.
Granted, these were well-fed 08's, looked good, and were sold in 09....don't think I'll get that price for 09's until it becomes 2010. ;)

Exactly, it was already the next season, when they are considered "yearlings" and some of them were candy canes, and we all know that candy canes are not regular ol amels.

Good post Jeff.

mike17l
03-16-2009, 02:45 PM
updated availability of a couple morphs