PDA

View Full Version : Back to pinks.....:-(

Back to pinks.....:-(

MyLittleGuyCyrus
03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi All!

I am getting a little concerned about Cyrus. It is prbably nothing and I think it is more confusion then it us actual worry.

When he hit 30 grams I introduced him to fuzzies and he wasn't interested. So, I gave him a couple pinks (which he ate with much delight). Then I fed him pinks one more time. Then I gave him a fuzzy again and he ate it....quickly and happily. That was two weeks ago, the first week was a blue/shed week so I didn't offer him anything to eat. Last week I offered him his fuzzy and he wasn't interested....so I waited 2 days and gave it to him again, still nothing. So I waited 5 days and gave him another fuzzy....nothing. So, I thought, I got a ton of pinks left maybe he just wants them, so I gave him a couple and he ate one immediatley, but never ate the second one.

I don't know what my question is exactly....maybe, is this normal? Could it be the whole male/spring thing (he's just a baby, so I can't imagine thats it)? Does he just want pinks right now and theres nothing I can do about it until he decides he's ready?

Maybe I am just looking fro someone to tell me to relax and unclench, I don't know!

danielle
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I would just continue to offer two pinks until they are all gone and try half a fuzzy after that. If he takes it fine try a whole next time, Maybe he just isn't quite ready.

MinLynn
03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I was just going to say to just finish off the pinks and then try half-fuzzies,but,danielle beat me to it! I think they know better than we do what size they are ready for.

Caryl
03-12-2009, 11:00 AM
And since you asked for it, relax and unclench! ;) Feeding off the rest of your pinks is fine.