PDA

View Full Version : New Albino wouldn't eat

New Albino wouldn't eat

rkimm4
03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Well, no success in feeding, so I will try again on Sunday. I tried the feed last night. Today he was actually fairly active, and tonight he curled his-self in two curls and shook his tail really fast in a weird striking position and then rolled his-self upside down.

Does anyone know what the heck this guy was up too???

Kim

danielle
03-12-2009, 09:22 PM
They will rattle their tail when they are defensive and think you are a predator- if you don't back off the next instinct is to play dead hoping you will pass them by.

rkimm4
03-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Danielle,

I believe he is completely dead...He was just moving all over the place an hour ago. I haven't even held this snake yet, all I did was put him in his container to eat yesterday. He had no reason to feel threatened, we have left him alone since the day we got him. I have no clue what I have done wrong. Was he hunting earlier??? My temperatures are perfect, I use aspen there are 4 hides, water on cool side, greenery, and a climbing log, all in a 10 gal tank.

Help...

danielle
03-12-2009, 09:54 PM
So have you picked him up? I bought a corn at a show last year that died the same week. If he is dead I doubt it was your fault if your temps are good and there is water. I would pick him up to be sure= sorry if he has past thats always hard even when they have only been your pets for a short time.

rkimm4
03-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Yes, He is dead, I'm cleaning out the viv now. I'm so sad, this is our second snake from Petco since Feb. 4th.

I use Aspen, heat is 80 to 85 on warm side, cool is between 70 and 75. Fresh water every morning, under tank heat pad, and two hides.

What a bummer.

nrfitchett4
03-13-2009, 07:21 AM
I would make sure to bleach the viv very well and bleach or bake the hides just to make sure there is not a microorganism at work here.

danielle
03-13-2009, 09:17 AM
I am so sorry I was hoping he was just playing dead. If you get another corn I would contact a breeder or go to a show this time. Petco isn't always the best on quarantining new animals and diseases tend to spread that way. Don't be discouraged it sounds like you did everything right!