PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Regurge - Graphic!

Questionable Regurge - Graphic!

admitchell08
03-15-2009, 09:36 PM
So earlier this week my ghost, Avery, had something questionable in his tub...
I can't tell if it is a regurge or an abnormally large poop.
I would think it were a regurge..but there was no stink whatsoever. So I'm not sure?
Anyhow..the aspen around it was yellowish, and someone told me that it could be urates or something.

Anyhow..I took some pictures to see if anyone can help me out.

Thank you in advance for any help!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/admitchell08/IMG_1976.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l146/admitchell08/IMG_1975.jpg

danielle
03-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Do you feed black mice at all? It looked like poo at a quick glance, but it also sorta does resemble a dark colored pinkie- how long after a feeding did you find this?

admitchell08
03-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Nope. They are all pink. I fed on Monday and then left town that night and came back Thursday night. That's when I checked on them and found that.

Tim66/corns
03-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Looks like Pooh to me. With a regurge you would have come home to and awful smell.

admitchell08
03-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Ok, thanks Tim!

Ekul
03-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Looks like poop to me, dude.

Nanci
03-16-2009, 05:22 AM
I'm a little suspicious. I see poos that look somewhat like that, but it's with older snakes that are on mice with fur. And it has a slight pinkish tinge. I guess I'd just wait eight days and feed a half-size meal next time, just to be safe.

CrousesCorns
03-16-2009, 08:45 AM
That looks like it has no structure and IS definitely in my eyes a regurge. I have had me share of them lately. See how the pinky has dried out and conformed to the aspen instead of poo. Poo usually has some with calcium with it too. As for it not stinking...probably dried out and then bad stuff was absorbed into the aspen. I had a regurge 2 days ago and it didn't stink. I would suggest you follow the regurge FAQ and get some Nutribac off Kathy Love or the Bean Farm. That stuff really works. It has helped two of my corns come out off certain death from regurges. Good luck!!!

Tim66/corns
03-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Andrew I would follow Nanci & CrousesCorns Instructions. They brought up valid points I missed.

admitchell08
03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks, all.
I was pretty sure that it was a regurge. But I'm still new to this all so I thought I would get some other opinions.
Saturday was feeding day and I was reluctant to try feeding anything to the snake that produced what's pictured above, so I felt it best to go ahead and skip his feeding. I plan on feeding him a pinky head tomorrow or Wednesday.
Thank you all so much for your help.

environmentalteach
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
How is the temp? I have had the experience that if the temp is too low they may regurge. I would definitely skip a feeding or two. This seems to take a lot out of a small snake!!!