PDA

View Full Version : AHH..Did she Regurge or poo?

AHH..Did she Regurge or poo?

tylercole2294
03-22-2009, 05:01 AM
So today I go to feed my 21g snake her 5g fuzzy. However, she looked as if she was in the blue. I ended up feeding her anyways but when i went to get her out of her feeding bin(after eating whole fuzzy), there was something in the corner. It was brown with a lot of liquid and there was a little white thing that looked like a piece of mouse, like half a leg or something. It was real small, not like the whole mouse. I could still see the mouse in my snake and there was a big bump. the "regurge" was only about the size of a dime. My question is, can my snake poo right after eating or while? By my description, does it sound like a regurge or just a poo. Btw, she is about 7 months old. Thanks and sorry for rambling on!

stephen
03-22-2009, 05:13 AM
Sounds like to big of a meal

Iguanagirl8662
03-22-2009, 06:22 AM
So today I go to feed my 21g snake her 5g fuzzy. However, she looked as if she was in the blue. I ended up feeding her anyways but when i went to get her out of her feeding bin(after eating whole fuzzy), there was something in the corner. It was brown with a lot of liquid and there was a little white thing that looked like a piece of mouse, like half a leg or something. It was real small, not like the whole mouse. I could still see the mouse in my snake and there was a big bump. the "regurge" was only about the size of a dime. My question is, can my snake poo right after eating or while? By my description, does it sound like a regurge or just a poo. Btw, she is about 7 months old. Thanks and sorry for rambling on!

From what you described it sounds like poop, especially if you still see a lump in the stomach. A lot of my corns poop during and right after feeding it is pretty common.

Nanci
03-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Sounds like poo to me. The key is the smell. Did it smell like snake poo? But anyway, you'd have seen the pink looking more or less the same as it went in. And if it was a spit-out pink, probably the snake decided before it went down, so I wouldn't do anything else except feed a smaller item next time. But it's fairly common for snakes to poo (or even shed) in their feeding bins.

tylercole2294
03-22-2009, 11:38 AM
ok, it has eaten a fuzzy its last two meals. It was actually 21g before the last fuzzy so it might be more now. Im so happy to hear it wasnt a regurge. It didnt smell that bad so I was thinking it might not be a regurge. Thanks! I'll prob try and feed her a smaller fuzzy next time

claireree
03-22-2009, 02:50 PM
believe me you would know if it was a regurge by the smell, it is horrible I have had a couple of my corns regurge lately and I could smell them before I had even seen them its horrible.

mindfreak
03-22-2009, 04:43 PM
It sounds like poo... I've never heard of or seen a regurge involving white liquid. It's more likely that the snake still had a little poo in her than regurging the mouse she just ate, especially if you could see the lump.
Pictures may help, but by the description you've given it sounds like poop to me.

EmJagsz
03-22-2009, 05:04 PM
It sounds like poop to me, my corns have pooped right after eating before aswell; it's perfectly normal! But are you sure you're feeding the right sized meal? Just to reduce the risk of any actual regurge... I mean, my smallest corn who is at least 20 grams too is on double pinks right now... I would be a bit concerned if I were to feed him a fuzzy... Seems kinda big for my little guy :shrugs:

tylercole2294
03-22-2009, 05:16 PM
She eats it fine and has fully digested the last two. I might downsize to double pinks again though if you all feel that it is too much for her to eat until she reaches 25g(which she might be after this meal anyways). I wish I had weighed her before she ate yesterday so I could know her exact weight. ill weigh her in two days

EmJagsz
03-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Feeding off the Munson Plan is a great guideline if you are ever unsure :) Good luck!

Chris Flanary
03-22-2009, 06:43 PM
sounds like poo to me

wax32
03-22-2009, 07:20 PM
POO. The snakes I feed in separate containers almost always poo in them. Saves me from having to change paper towels in their bins, so I like it.

On the meal size: my snakes get fuzzies starting when they hit 12g. For a 23 gram snake a fuzzy should be no problem.