PDA

View Full Version : stopped eating

stopped eating

Anks
03-22-2009, 03:08 PM
ofcourse ive seen there are many threads about not eating, but i think its been 8 weeks now since she last ate, she's 2, never seen this before but becoming a bit scary, shes not acting any different though,

when should i start worrying ?

and why do they do this ?

thank you

medusacoils
03-22-2009, 03:15 PM
This is a typical seasonal response for a snake, during this time of year. They get caught in the "looking for a mate to mate with" mode that all other functions, become moot. I would not worry too much about her behavior for now. She is still a bit young, but if she isn't loosing weight, I would not worry.

I would keep offering her food on her regular feeding day, just smaller than normal. Also adding a little nutribac, to her drinking water, may stimulate her into eating.

You can also try different techniques used for feeding reluctant pips, ie. scenting with tuna, washing, feeding live, cutting or braining, scenting with a lizard, teasing her by bumping her body with the feeder or one that I like to use, placing her in a small container with the feeder and leaving them together for a little while. Just keep an eye on her if you do that.

Good Luck,

Wayne