PDA

View Full Version : Two brown scabby spots, help please

Two brown scabby spots, help please

cajunmomof4
04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi. I just found these two brown scabbed spots on zipper. Its been about 2 weeks since his shed. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the spots are of concern, and if so what to do.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/Cajunmomof4/SDC10383.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/Cajunmomof4/SDC10384.jpg

medusacoils
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
They look like a dried scale. Is this the first time zipper has developed these? Have you tried any antibacterial ointment? I am not sure what it is!

Sorry,

Wayne

cajunmomof4
04-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh wow I didnt see there was a reply. Yes this is the first time. I went ahead and put some neosporin on the spots. It almost looks as though the scales are missing there. There really hasn't been any change in the way the spots looks. he's acting normally, feeding normally, so I just don't know.

RobbiesCornField
04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
He might have rubbed off those two scales during the last shed. It's fairly common, and there's little to no health risk associated with it.
Neosporin is usually not needed with these. The only thing you will want to be careful of is to make sure that the humidity stays a bit lower to reduce the risk of infection. By the next shed, it should be gone.

Off topic side note - he does look a little chubby in that second picture. Has he poo'd recently?

cajunmomof4
04-09-2009, 03:13 PM
He might have rubbed off those two scales during the last shed. It's fairly common, and there's little to no health risk associated with it.
Neosporin is usually not needed with these. The only thing you will want to be careful of is to make sure that the humidity stays a bit lower to reduce the risk of infection. By the next shed, it should be gone.

Off topic side note - he does look a little chubby in that second picture. Has he poo'd recently?
OMg its funny you asked, yes he got my daughter a few hours after I took that pic! she nearly barfed! I heard a blood curdling scream(14 year old girls are LOUD) from the living room and thought someone had DIED! I walked in to see her sitting there with poop running down her arm and leg! I laughed she remains unamused.