PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question Alert

Stupid question Alert

wycherley
04-09-2009, 04:49 AM
I have always put good old British tap water in Elwoods bowl but i got told the other day i should never use tap water and stick with bottled. Is this true?

lyndy299
04-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Personally I use tap water treated with repti-safe (from Zoomed). Many people do use tap water with no problems however. Here's where you can buy online;
http://www.livefoods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=89

Susan
04-09-2009, 06:07 AM
I guess it really depends upon the quality of your tap water. I have well water of good quality, so I have no issues using it for my snakes. But I know that other people in the county don't have wells and use treated "city water" and I personally won't even drink the stuff unless I have no other choice, let alone give it to my pets or snakes.

bitsy
04-09-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm in the UK and I've always used tap water. My 21 year old has never complained.

I agree with Susan - if the tap water in your area is fit for humans to drink, then it's fit for Corns.

Tap water in the UK contains some chemical treatments (depending on your local water authority), but I've never seen them linked with any harmful effects on Corns. By the time the water reaches your tap, there are no more than minute traces left anyway.

Mashedmelissa
04-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I have a brita pitcher filter so I just use that for my snake and my cat cause I dont think anyone needs all that chlorine and chemicals.. beats using 148490 bottles!

Drizzt80
04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I can't see tap water being worse than anything a wild corn would drink. I'm just sayin'. ;)

That being said, I do happen to give RO water to my snakes, only because the water here at school is really hard with quite a few minerals in it and I already have it set up for my fish tank and plants. Why waste 10 gallons of fresh water a day when it's running?! :shrugs:

D80

snakewispera snr
04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm in the UK as well and I use tap water. If you let it stand for 24hrs the chemicals evaporate, I've been told...
The only problem I can see (and this is only my opinion). If you live in a hard water area.