PDA

View Full Version : Did I do okay? Bad shed.

Did I do okay? Bad shed.

Tavia
04-10-2009, 04:09 PM
My female phantom had an incomplete shed, so I got her out & let her slither through a damp cloth, took it right off. But my question is, she was just shipped to me the day before she shed. I decided getting the shed off while it was still probably loose, before it had been there for days, outweighed the stress handling her that soon after shipping could cause. You think thats right? Fine time to ask, I know, after already did it. Oh well. It did not seemed to have bothered her.

Susielea
04-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I think you probably did the right thing and I would have done the same. If you are at all worried then you could just add a day or two extra to the settling in time, I'm sure she will be fine though :)

Nanci
04-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I would have done the same, removed the shed, then let her have her week settling in period.

MinLynn
04-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Same thing happened to us with our Molly. We got her home and 2 days later she had an incomplete shed. We went ahead and got the shed off and then just added some extra days of not handling. She did absolutely fine! She hates being handled but I think that's just her attitude and not attributed to being handled early.

Blue Apple Herps
04-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Yup, you did fine. The shed, depending on where it was stuck, could have turned into a health issue if not resolved. Now, just give her the down time that she needs to get settled in.