PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

Help Please

JesusFreak
09-19-2003, 05:32 PM
I see some people have things like;senior member ori love corns and stuff like that under their user name. How do i change mine? Or can I change mine?

CAV
09-19-2003, 05:41 PM
After being a member for 30 days and racking up at least 30 posts you can change your title to whatever your little heart desires!

JesusFreak
09-19-2003, 05:45 PM
By post do u mean a new thread or can it be a reply to a cool pic or something?

CAV
09-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Any post will count. The count is tracked and shows up under your lame in the left margin.

Just one favor to ask: Please don't post random thoughts to reach the thirty! ;)

Rich Z
09-19-2003, 08:26 PM
I agree, CAV. If one more person does this then I will just set the limit to 365 days and it doesn't matter how many posts they make.

As a matter of fact, the setting NOW is that a new user must make 30 posts AND have been a member for at least 30 days. Both conditions must be true, not just one of the two.

So a person can make as many frivolous posts as they want, but they will still need to have been here for 30 days.

Just a FYI.....

Taceas
09-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Rich, Cav...

I don't think he/she reads or listens too well. Sad how a few bad apples screw it up for everyone.

Rich Z
09-19-2003, 10:38 PM
OK, you can thank JesusFreak for this change.

I have now set it so that a new member has to have been on here for a full 6 MONTHS and post 100 messages before they can modify their user title. Maybe this is best anyway to give this privilege only to those people whom have really hung around here for a while.

I just got done deleting about two dozen useless messages posted for no other reason than to try to get the post counter up. And it was all for nothing, because this person would STILL have had to wait for 30 days in order to change that title.

Taceas
09-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Thanks for cleaning up a little. =)

Bugs me how self-centered people can be sometimes. Especially when I tried to be polite about the issue in my PM. Seemed the PM I sent made him/her work harder to further irritate.

Then again, in all my years online, you can usually tell just by a username how people will end up acting in "public" online.

VegasGhost
09-20-2003, 12:29 AM
The thing that I find really funny, besides the annoyance of people racking-up numbers by making frivilous posts, is that I don't understand why people are in such a rush to change their title. It is not like the title is a big deal at all and it certainly isn't something I would be looking forward to change right at the beginning of things. Yes, it is a way to define yourself but you really are defined by the way you respond and conduct yourself on the forum....racking up frivilous posts would not be a good way to start things off....this is very defining.