PDA

View Full Version : Old dishwasher = Vivarium?

Old dishwasher = Vivarium?

dsknorr@hotmail.com
04-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Thought I saw thiss somewhere

Has anyone tried this or heard of it?

Any ideas?

I've got an old dishwasher tub that would ba a nice sizw for an arboreal viv. Looking for any input.

Thanks

Dave Knorr

KachineK
04-14-2009, 07:58 PM
I have no useful information, but I am looking forward to answers on this one. I have a floor model TV that is so old it won't make the digital transition and I was thinking the same thing! Viv! Just don't know how to do it. lol

Kachine Kolgon

hezikiawilson
04-14-2009, 09:37 PM
I have no useful information, but I am looking forward to answers on this one. I have a floor model TV that is so old it won't make the digital transition and I was thinking the same thing! Viv! Just don't know how to do it. lol

Kachine Kolgon

Now that sounds cool if I was doing it I would just take out the old tube and make a new one out of plexi or something (paint all the walls except the "screen" black) huh yeah that sounds cool!

dsknorr@hotmail.com
04-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I found these links

Worked out pretty nice

http://forums.kingsnake.com/viewarch.php?id=1436387,1436387&key=2007

http://forums.kingsnake.com/viewarch.php?id=1450593,1450593&key=2007

kelihe
04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I just love it when people recycle and make something new out of something old.
The latest viv, my husband built for my ball python, we used our old laminated counter top for the bottom and the top of the viv. Now instead of just sitting around taking up space it is perfect in her enclosure..already waterproofed and then I covered the sides and back with contact paper. I guess I should post a pic or two of it uh? lol

That dishwasher idea turned out really cool. KachineK, if you do go ahead with the old tv please send pics. I think that would be really cool. Hey, if people can make fish aquariums out of them, why not a snake viv? lol

KachineK
04-16-2009, 09:11 PM
The fish tank was my first thought actually, Kelihe. But hubby told me no. Too tacky. I'll have to wait for a nice weekend some time and drag the sucker outside to gut it. I'll be sure to take lots of pics along the way once I figure out how to do it.

Love those pics, dsknorr! I hope yours turns out that nice!! Doesn't really look all that hard. (I say that now but wait until I try it!! lol)

Kachine Kolgon

midnightgallop
04-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Well that's creative of you! I can honestly say I've never seen a "dishwasher tank" before, nor have I ever thought of using one as such. I can't wait to see the pictures! Have fun in the process ;)

bekers71
04-17-2009, 12:39 AM
That is a really great idea! I never would have thought of it. Funny thing is, I just had a new dishwasher installed and the old one is sitting out side. Hmmm...maybe I should make that into my new ATB home. :)