• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tank placement

Kilojara16

Reptile Cartoonist
I have this spot in my room that I think would be perfect to place a corn tank (Unforunately, I still don't have one yet!!!). It would go on my little bookcase that sits under my window. The window faces north so it doesn't get any direct sunlight. That would okay, right?

I've placed my corn tanks under a north-facing window and it works fine, they're nocturnal anyway. But it seems they prefer less light, the lesser the merrier. You could paint the backside of the tank with metallic acrylic paints (on the outside of the glass) to give them some shade. Since you're an artist you'd have fun doing that. I painted one of my tanks in shades of blue, purple and green to contrast with the coloring of my snakes. At least, when they're out of sight, the tank is pretty to look at.

Yes, as long as they DO NOT any get direct sunlight on the cage they should be okay.
For anyone reading this. NEVER put your tank in a position where it would be exsposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time. Tho it may seem comfortable to you in the room you have them in, it can be MUCH hotter inside the tank. I have seen several people, "cook" their animals because they thought they would be okay.
If you have any doubts, put a thermometer on the floor level of the cage and watch the temps go up. I'm not trying to be mean here, but I just wouldn't want any animal to suffer or for anyone to lose their treasured snake.

L8r,
wc

Yes what Warren said is very true. I have heard a customer said that his snake died because he was leaving it out in the sun for too long. It was even his best snake....(I don't remember which spieces... but anyway....) He was giving it some sun light and then soon he forgot that he left it out and then the snake (inside a tank) was left outside for the whole day. When he finally realized that he forgot the snake, it was already too late......it died because of too high of a temperture....

Back