PDA

View Full Version : A little big

A little big

Coryell
04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi every one, i have not posted on here for a while but i have a question. i am not new to snakes in anyway and i have some exp with them. So my question is this. I recently got a full grown male normal corn. He is just over a true 5 feet and is almost 2 pounds. He does not look over weight and is very healthy. Around his girth at belly a few scales llok streched but not so much to see skin inbetween. I would also like to bring him down in weight a bit as i think he might be on the biger size or he is just a monster corn snake. So what is the best way of doing this the people i got him were feeding him one medium rat every 3 weeks, so i thought maybe a samll rat every 3 weeks or 4 weeks, and if this is done and he looses a little weight will there be fat deposists or loose scales, skin. any help would be apprecitted i will also try to get some pics up for every one to see. Thank you

alan
04-15-2009, 07:25 PM
I have a female almost 5', right now just under 1000 grams. I was feeding her a mouse every week. Maybe she needed less as she aged, she was getting a little round on that schedule. I now feed her a large mouse every 10-14 days, it varies. We also have her out more, I don't know if she likes that or not, but she gets more exercise.
When I switched to longer periods between feeding she lost her roundness, she's still big but looks good now. I started noticing the difference at about 2 months, but I wasn't weighing her.
Hard to tell how that equates to rats, I guess my point is she lost the weight, doesn't look saggy.

Coryell
04-15-2009, 07:29 PM
thanks for the reply i try and take my monster out but every time i do he whezzes to much for his own good and then stresses himself out. lol

Coryell
04-15-2009, 07:30 PM
with the scales being a little streched will they go back into form.

shaberry
04-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I heard something about rats being a more fatty source of food than mice, if that helps. Maybe you should feed him mice more often. Probably feed him rats every other feeding?