PDA

View Full Version : Corns not eating and a/d catfood

Corns not eating and a/d catfood

airwells25
04-16-2009, 04:24 PM
I was told by a friend that Hills a/d soft cat food could be used if you can't get the snake to eat. It's new to me. Has any else hard of this.

Nanci
04-16-2009, 05:50 PM
If you're going to force feed a snake anything, why not a mouse?

danielle
04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
How long have you had your snake and how long has it not been feeding? If this snake is new and you have only tried a few times I wouldn't go there yet anyway. Are you warming your mice and slitting them to releae scent, are the mice an appropriate size, and have you tried tuna or chicken juice on the mouse to make it more alluring? Those are the first things you should try:)

airwells25
04-16-2009, 07:23 PM
I have only done force feeding with mice because that is want they eat in my home. All my snakes are eating very good. i was talking to him and he was getting a/d cat food. I asks him want he was getting it for because he has no cats and thats when he said he was getting ready for his babies that don't this year.

danielle
04-16-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't know most people allow non feeders to pass as they would in the wild, but if it works for him I guess thats just his deal. I have heard of ferret food, but that was for snakes regurging to wean them back. I thought you had a snake not eating sorry for misunderstanding you:)

airwells25
04-16-2009, 07:34 PM
He could have been talking about snakes that where regurging.I know some times you can't get them to eat again after regurging. I was thinking how safe it was.

danielle
04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Cat food is uper high in protein so it probably is safe hort term jut to get them eating, but I have never done it.

airwells25
04-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks you