• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

String of Regurges =/

Taceas

USW = UB313
Over the past month, I've been having a string of regurges from some of my strongest feeders: my 03 normal female (2 pinks every 7 days) , 02 charcoal male (1 small hopper every 7-10 days), 03 pewter female (1 pink every 5 days) to name a few.

Could it be the changing seasons? It's really starting to change here in Southern Indiana. The sun has switched positions, and the reptile room gets flooded with light in the evening and thats about the only sunlight it receives all day. The temps have gone down slightly in the room, to about 75.

Is anyone else having a random increase in the number of regurges here lately?

Seems to me like it is the temperatures. Do you have heaters under the cages, or are they at a constant 75 degrees. If that's not the problem, then there may be some other environmental factor that is causing the problem.

Mark

I have had the same problem over here on the east coast...Two of my yearling's regurged for the first time since I have had them...I waited 10 days and fed again...Another regurge, so I took both to the vet for fecals and such...All negative...

I fed them a week later with mice from another store and no problems since..I came to the conclusion that the mice were "bad"...

Just my .02

Re:

It *could* be "bad" mice I suppose. Maybe they thawed differently, or something else that's different in my preparation these past couple of times. I didn't think I did anything different, but with me, who knows. =P

I just switched frozen rodent supplying companies over a month ago. The mice look cleaner and healthier than the other supplier, hence the switch. So I can't imagine the mice are rotten or any other factors such as that.

Another thing comes to mind with the '03 normal. I've been feeding her freshly thumped hamster peach fuzzies. They're about the size of a large mouse pink, but with velveteen hair all over. I thought it'd help her jump start her growth spurt that corns seem to have when you switch them off pinks. And for the most part it's been working rather well, she's growing like a weed but occaisonally she regurges.

Could it be perhaps that her digestive system isn't handling the fresh meat as well as the broken down frozen/thawed flesh? I remember reading about it on here a while back, that frozen thawed meals since hatching can cause their guts to become de-sensitized to live/pre-killed prey, and until their gut flora adapts, they'll regurge often.

Who knows. If they keep it up I'll take in a fecal sample for them. I need to take in fecals for my new arrivals anyway. Just kind of lacking on money at the moment. It's funny how insurance, car licenses, and rent all come at the same time. Really drains the checking account in a hurry. ;)

Back