PDA

View Full Version : Waiting

Waiting

zzrayz
04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi,

I've had my corn two weeks tomorrow. I let him(male until proven otherwise) settle for a week before I had any interaction. On the 7th day I feed him. He ate 2 pinkies very well. I waited a couple days for digestion, then I put my hand in the tank. It was partly to get him used to me and partly to look for regurge or poo. I found neither. He has gotten used to my hand in his viv, even very near him. I have not reach for him yet, and he has not tried to strike at me. He seems healthy, but I have no real experience to base that on. Five days passed after feeding him so I offered 2 more pinkies and again he took them great. That was a couple of days ago and again I'm looking for regurge or poo. Again I see neither. It has been 7 days since his first feeding

How long should I wait without getting concerned? I don't want to let a constipation problem get too far along before I try to fix it.

Is there a way to fix it?

Also it is possible I'm just not sure what I'm looking for. I assume I would recognize poo if I saw it, but maybe not. His viv has a layer of aspen and I suppose his poo could be smaller than I'm imagining.
The petstore guy said he was 2-4 months old. Although, he seemed to know a little about the snakes, I don't know how much faith to put in his estimate. As I have never held my snake, I don't have a weight. He is about 15 inches long and about the diameter of a pencil widening to about a tube of chapstick at the biggest.
I guess I'm asking how big should the poo from 2 pinkies be for a snake this size. If the poo looks different than I would expect, I would appreciate any discription.
Thanks

MyLittleGuyCyrus
04-30-2009, 06:15 PM
This is the Munson Plan.....follow it to the best of your snakes ability! I say this because we followed it up until Cyrus (my Amel) decided he wasn't ready for Fuzzies.

Anyway, about constipation....look for a black spot with white powder around it. He may also be releaving himself in the aspen, not necessarily on top. If you haven't found any waste let the little guy swim around in warm water.....that usually does the trick. You may also find that if you hold him and let him move around on you he may releave himself that way too......lol.....I wouldn't recommend that, it's gross! When making his "swimming pool" make sure it is just about 1/2 an inch deep (so he can easily lift his head with no struggle) and make sure the water is not too hot. If it is warm to you, it will be hot to your little guy.....so tepid is best!

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Nanci
04-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Baby snake poo is really hard to see. This of a tiny brown or black smear on one piece of aspen.

foolishcactus
05-01-2009, 12:07 AM
You kids are great and fast. Also snake poo smells and the older they get....

Bob

bitsy
05-01-2009, 05:56 AM
You kids are great and fast

Hey Nanci - how does it feel to be a whippersnapper at 50?! LOL!