PDA

View Full Version : To anyone the followed my link about my baby albino corn that would not eat.

To anyone the followed my link about my baby albino corn that would not eat.

tompro019
05-04-2009, 04:27 AM
I posted at a later time that the young fellow finally poopped, well tonight I put a f/t pinky in his little cage, and he ate it. So maybe he will continue to eat with no more problems, he got down to 6g before he ate, I will probabl try to feed him again in about 4 days, the pinky was about 2g so he is around 8g with the pinky in him, I don't know if he will eat again that soon, but we will see. Thanks everyone who gave me advice, it helped me keep my head up and keep trying to feed. Thanks again.

medusacoils
05-04-2009, 08:51 AM
4 days for a snake that was refusing to eat, may be a bit soon. Just my opinion, ofcourse. When I have a reluctant or non-feeder, I will work them back into a working feeding program slowly. There has to be a reason they went off feed, in the first place and if you are not sure what it is, then maybe you should take it slow. I think you should wait for 6-7 days and then feed an undersized rodent. I would do this, just to make sure everything is still working correctly. Four days may be a bit too soon, even for some that haven't been on a hunger strike.

Good Luck,

Wayne

carnivorouszoo
05-04-2009, 08:51 AM
glad he ate! Keep us posted if he gives you troubles again.

tompro019
05-04-2009, 08:55 AM
good advice medusacoils, I will probably wait, I was told that since he took soo long to poop that he was probably constipated. He had trouble shedding last time. But I will wait. Thanks carnivorouszoo. Me too.