PDA

View Full Version : One Small Victory.....My darling Luna......

One Small Victory.....My darling Luna......

starsevol
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
ATE!!!

Luna is a 2007 lavender girlie that I got from Dean. She ate great for me from the time I got her (Sept 2007) until late last fall. She was eating hoppers, along with all my other 2007s....then just quit.

She ate once in December.....

She ate once in March......

If I offered her food on tongs she would freak out, striking wildly and jumping almost out of her tub.
If I left it where she could find it, it would remain uneaten.

I offered her food every week, giving her every opportunity to eat, but was preparing myself for losing her.

On Saturday, I noticed she had shed, despite her slow growth. On that morning Beelzebub was blue and refused his pinky, so I thought "what the heck....", and put it in. Less than 5 minutes later she was nommimg it down!!

So, I fed her another pinky that night, and she ate it!

She had another this morning....

I think she's getting on the right track!! :)

Nanci
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Excellent! My lav, Lila, went on an extended feeding strike from November till the middle of February, but Luna sure has her beat!

starsevol
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Luna's a pip!

RobbiesCornField
05-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Congratulations!!! It's about time I heard some good news from you!

medusacoils
05-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Yes, Finally some good news Beth. Hopefully you can build up a streak!

cornate
05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Wait, I'm slightly confused. So, the lavendar wasn't yours and ate when you fed her, and then it was yours and she didn't eat? Sorry lol. Either way what I did understand that she wasn't eating for a while and then she finally did. Victory either way! Congrats.

PS Beelzebub is a famous name in literature/history isn't it?? I just can't remember from where! The Faerie Queene? No no no, wait..... Aagh I can't figure it out.

wade
05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Beelzebub was a diety worshiped by the Philistines and is associated with Satan.

The "Faerie Queene" is Robbie.

RobbiesCornField
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Beelzebub was a diety worshiped by the Philistines and is associated with Satan.

The "Faerie Queene" is Robbie.

You rang? :D

starsevol
05-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Wait, I'm slightly confused. So, the lavendar wasn't yours and ate when you fed her, and then it was yours and she didn't eat? Sorry lol. Either way what I did understand that she wasn't eating for a while and then she finally did. Victory either way! Congrats.

PS Beelzebub is a famous name in literature/history isn't it?? I just can't remember from where! The Faerie Queene? No no no, wait..... Aagh I can't figure it out.

LOL!
I got Luna from Dean when she was a few weeks old. She's been mine since Sept 2007.

Wade was dead-on about Beelzebub.

And Robbie....well, he is quite adorable for a faerie queen :)