PDA

View Full Version : FREE cornsnake in Los Angeles area

FREE cornsnake in Los Angeles area

MakersMarked
05-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Hi. I have to move at very short notice, which means I don't have time to try to sell my snake. The place I'm moving to won't allow me to keep her, and unfortunately, I really have to move.

So, as long as you promise not to feed her to your kingsnake or do weird rituals to her (I know I can't enforce this, but promise anyway), and as long as you can pick her up from my apartment, she's yours.

The snake:
She's a 2-year-old ghost stripe cornsnake. She's never had mites, bad sheds, regurges, respiratory ailments or anything else. She had one refusal the first time I tried to feed her when she was blue, but now she feeds blue or not. I've kept her on the Munson plan since I got her two years ago. She's currently about 250 grams (give or take--I have a crappy little postal scale that only measures in ounces so I have to do conversions myself). She feeds on one f/t adult mouse every weekend.

And there's one more complication: On top of me having to give her up ASAP, I'm also only in this apartment on Sundays. If absolutely necessary, I'll come back here on a weeknight, but it'll have to be pretty late because it's about 2 hours from where I work. (For those of you considering, I live in Echo Park near Dodgers Stadium.)

You can, of course, have her 20L viv with UTH and thermometer, tank decor/hides, whatever mice I have left in the freezer when you get here, tank cleaner.

Thanks,
Jim

PS I'll attach pictures just as soon as I figure out how to do that.

MakersMarked
05-10-2009, 03:49 AM
Let's see if this works...

(By the way, she doesn't have any kinks or anything. She's just posing funny for the camera.)

animalhouse
05-10-2009, 10:53 AM
She is beautiful! But, I am no where near you. :( Good luck finding her a home!

ghosthousecorns
05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Awesome snake, wish I were in L.A.

Kali
05-10-2009, 11:40 AM
There MUST be someone in the neighbourhood who would take this girl. From what I can see, she is gorgeous!!
Come on people!! If I lived anywhere near, you would have been too late!! :D

shaberry
05-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Man, I WISH I could take her in. But, I would have no where to put her. Not to mention, I wouldn't have the funds to support her. *sighs* Man, being a poor college student sucks. :cry: Good luck on finding her a new home.

Maize411
05-10-2009, 12:50 PM
If you would be willing to ship her I have a friend that would take her no problem!! :0)

UniqueSnakes
05-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I live close Ill take her if she still avaliable

dwhit
05-11-2009, 10:07 PM
I have two boys who are very interested in providing a new home for your snake. I can pick it up on a Sunday at your convenience.

MakersMarked
05-12-2009, 01:50 AM
I have two boys who are very interested in providing a new home for your snake. I can pick it up on a Sunday at your convenience.

I'm sorry. UniqueSnakes got in just ahead of you and offered to adopt my snake from me. Thank you, though!

albinoscooby
05-12-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm sorry. UniqueSnakes got in just ahead of you and offered to adopt my snake from me. Thank you, though!

ahhh man! So is she still up for offer or is it a done deal now? :(

albinoscooby
05-13-2009, 12:43 AM
hey did you get my pm? So shes gone already? I'll take her if Unique hasn't gotten her yet!

lizardgal06
05-15-2009, 04:33 PM
is she still availble? i hope so i live in banning and can get there... if she is ...

UniqueSnakes
05-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Well them Jim....I thank you for the snake and I hope you keep your head up dude,,,,

Leahhali
05-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Hello,

How are you?
I am not sure if you still have your corn snake.

I am very interested in your corn snake.

I am a school teacher and have a couple other snakes for educational purpose.

Sincerely,
Leah Hali

Leahhali
05-30-2016, 02:12 PM
Hell

I am a school teacher an I am very interested in your snake.

I have cared for the corn snake before.

I have some other animals for my class but have been looking for a corn snake.

My students enjoy learning about animals and there habitual.

Sincerely,
Leahhali
Leahhali67@gmail.com

Dragonling
05-30-2016, 02:53 PM
This post is SEVEN years old and the post above clearly indicates the snake in question found a home.

DollysMom
05-30-2016, 03:58 PM
Hi Leahhali! Welcome to the forum. If you are serious about a corn snake there are some up for adoption in Culver City!

I'm sorry that the search is imperfect but you can see the snakes in question. https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?query_id=6C1F0760-269F-11E6-A367-487573C89005&page_number=0

Craigslist is another place you might find a snake.

That's just a stone's throw from you. Best wishes. If you find a snake, please come back here and start a new thread. This is a nice group and we will answer questions and do what we can to help.

I only answered on this old thread to try to reach you. There are always snakes that need homes. While you may have had corn snakes before, knowledge keeps being added and you can catch up on all the best and latest husbandry here.