PDA

View Full Version : Emorys good or bad?

Emorys good or bad?

Colleen
05-30-2002, 05:40 AM
:confused: I am very confussed about all of the morphs and the genetics of it all,although I am studying them. I need to decide on what kind to get to breed eventually with my female now. She is a Albino Red Rev. Okeetee (Rev. O-Blood Red parents)
, according to the breeder. She has the Okeetee belly and pattern W/red base color and saddles are peach likeand white around the preach.
Now I like the Creamcicles and thought (just on looks now) that they might make something pretty. But I read that the Creams are not true Corns but from Emories!?? I want true Corns. Should I forget the Creams? If so can anyone tell me some others that would work nicely? I like the bright/light colors.

Also I thought that Albino and Rev. Okeetee were the same...?

:o I feel stupid asking so many questions, but I want to buy the other now so in 2 years they'll be ready to breed! Hopefully I'll be better at this by then. Couldn't get worse.LOL

Thank you in advance:)
Colleen

Darin Chappell
05-30-2002, 12:42 PM
Cremesicles (I never CAN remember which way we spell that name!) are a product of crossing amel corns with great plains rat snakes (e.g.emoryi). Now, for many people that makes cremes mutts in the snake world, and therefore undesireable.

For others, the emoryi is simply another branch of the corn snake family that is simply separated by the Mississippi river and has a unique coloration that is no more distinct than the classic Okeetee, anerythristic, Miami phase, and amels are from one another (all of which are wild products that have been enhanced by captive breeding). You would think that science would help in sorting this out, but many are as unclear about the issue as we are!

The fact is that you will have to decide for yourself how you see cremes. If you do produce them, there will be people that want to buy them from you. If you cross them with "pure" corns, you will need to address this issue with anyone wanting to buy those babies so that you will be completely ethical.

Reverse Okeetees are amels, but they are amels with the specific pattern (yellow/orange ground color with red saddles surrounded by wide white edges) that gave them their name. They are amel, but so are flourescents, canycanes, sunglows and the "moonglows" I saw advertised the other day. Each of these "morphs" are distinctive enough from each other, however, to justify a different marketing name.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit!

Darin