PDA

View Full Version : Omg, I think she's going to die! Help me please.

Omg, I think she's going to die! Help me please.

shaberry
05-19-2009, 01:43 AM
I posted all the details here.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83677

Guys, Aries is barely moving right now. I just got home and checked on her and when I went to pick her up she wasn't moving for a little bit. Then she started to barely move. So, in hopes of trying to give her some kind of nutrient or energy, I put her mouth lightly touching the water in her bowl and she started to move her head in the water (it has electrolyte supplements in it), but wasn't drinking. So, I just settled her down on her bedding. She makes small movements once every few minutes or when I look at her for a while. But she barely moves. Omg guys, I don't know what to do. All the pet stores are closed right now, so I have no way of getting a syringe to feed her. But, I really want to give her something. What can I do? Please help me guys, any and all advise and opinions are appreciated and welcomed.

bkelm18
05-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Take her to a Vet? If she fell and broke something, there probably isn't a whole lot you can do yourself.

bitsy
05-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Stop trying to feed her - I'm sure this isn't a feeding related issue as she was active as normal up to the point that she fell. My best advice is to get her to a vet. I'm guessing it's possible that a broken rib has punctured an organ.

shaberry
05-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I didn't feed her yet. I was trying to figure out how to feed her in her weakend state. Anyway, thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it. But, unfortunately, Aries passed away.

Rich in KY
05-19-2009, 10:47 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :awcrap:

shaberry
05-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Me too. Thanks for the condolences, Rich.

Kali
05-19-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm so sorry. It's clear you loved her. My thoughts are with you.

Zulu3
05-19-2009, 12:01 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.. it is terrible to lose our babies..

Nanci
05-19-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm so sorry she didn't make it. I don't think there was anything you could have done.

shaberry
05-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.. it is terrible to lose our babies..

Yeah. I just feel horrible that there wasn't anything I could do to help her out or loosen her pain. And, she was my first hatchling too. :(

Thanks for the condolences and assurances guys. I really appreciate it.

Cornsnake124
05-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Thats to bad :(
I believe I saw somewhere you had eggs.. Hopefully you can hold one back to keep.
Will give my "full salute".... :cry::sobstory::(:nope::crying::awcrap:

I would recomend bringing her to a vet to get an autopsy. If I were you I would want to know what caused it.

shaberry
05-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Thats to bad :(
I believe I saw somewhere you had eggs.. Hopefully you can hold one back to keep.
Will give my "full salute".... :cry::sobstory::(:nope::crying::awcrap:

I would recomend bringing her to a vet to get an autopsy. If I were you I would want to know what caused it.

LOL, thanks for the "full salute" Cornsnake124. It perked me up a bit. As for the eggs, the eggs came from my other corn. But, thanks for your comforting words. Erm, as for the autopsy, I already had her uhm...flushed...because I couldn't bear to see her lying still in her viv. I would have burried her in my backyard, but there's some construction be done at the current moment, and I didn't want her to accidentally be cut up by a shovel or something else.

KachineK
05-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Poor baby!! As the others have said, I'm sure there was nothing you could really do. RIP little Aries.

***Hugs***

Kachine Kolgon

shaberry
05-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the condolences and the hug KachineK. I really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for all your concern and support. It really helps me get though this easier. I'm really glad that I have people who understand my loss. I really appreciate all your comforting words from the bottom of my heart.

wycherley
05-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Burial at sea is better, i usally give a salute too. Sorry for your loss.

shaberry
05-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the condolences wycherley. I really appreciate your words of comfort.