PDA

View Full Version : my snake draco

my snake draco

nikkidust
05-21-2009, 04:01 PM
hello,

my snake draco is 9 months old, I just got him about 3-4 weeks ago. When I got him I was told to feed him 1 fuzzy a week. But I thought because of his size and not being that thick that I would keep him on 2 pinkies a week instead. He was fine with the pinkies for the last 3 weeks, but than this week I tried to change him over to the 1 fuzzy. But he puked it up about an hour or two after eating it. Should I keep him on the pinkies or keep trying to get him to eat the fuzzies?

Remmy
05-21-2009, 04:35 PM
I would leave it for ten days before you feed him again and keep to pinkies for a while. He should be able to eat something 1 1/2 times the thickist part of his body so maybe the fuzzy was too big.

nikkidust
05-21-2009, 04:53 PM
hmmm ok.Someone told me though that pinkies didn't have enough nutrional value for a snake his age but fuzzies are really really big compared to him.He also burries himself a lot.If that makes any difference.We've checked everything and make sure he's healthy.

Remmy
05-22-2009, 03:55 AM
I pinkie may not have enough nutritional value for a snake your size but 2 pinkies is not really any different than a fuzzy. One of mine is 8 months old and quite slim so i feed her 3 pinkies. Better to do that than feed them something that is too big.