• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is 2 too many

inkedup77

My corn is up to big fuzzies. I didnt have any so I fed her 2 smaller pinkies. She puked. She did this once before. Why?

You may be feeding too much? It's hard to say. Do you know how big your snake is or can you weigh it? How old? How often do you feed? Did you do "post regurge therapy" the last time it happened?

Wayne

I judge the food size by her body. I feed her 1 the same size as the thickest part of her every 4 days. I'm estimating that she is about 18 to 24 inches..Last time she puked i just left her alone for a cpl of days before I fed her again. I didnt have any fuzzies so i gave her 2 pinks that added together werent as big as the fuzzies she normally eats. I dont have anything to weigh her on. Ive always judged the prey by the body size.

You're feeding your snake way too often. Once every week is a good rule of thumb for younger snakes. I suggest you do a search not only for regurgitation therapy, but also for the Munson feeding plan. Oh, and get a scale!

If a corn regurges you should wait at least 10 days before attempting to feed again. Then feed a much smaller meal than you would normally feed. Adding Nutribac to their diet is also recommended. Gradually increase the size of meals until they are back on the appropriately sized food item.

This is the feeding schedule mentioned above. It is based on the weight of your snake so a digital scale is needed...
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106&highlight=munson+plan

Back