PDA

View Full Version : HELP MY SNAKE WONT COME OUT!

HELP MY SNAKE WONT COME OUT!

mjm2198
06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
hey Ive had my corn for about 2 months now and he's been very active and friendly constantly exploring, and I have an artificial log in the tank where he has a spot that he can go inside and curl up and he always had no problems going in and out but about 4 or five days ago he went up there and hasnt come out at all that Ive seen, and he's always up there, even when I tried to feed him he still only came out about an inch. so someone please help

RobbiesCornField
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Try leaving him alone. Leave a pinky or something in the tank, and he'll probably come all the way out to eat it. When he does, take out the log.

mjm2198
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
well i left one in there for 3 hours and i only saw an inch??

danielle
06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Is he actually stuck or just shy? Have you cleaned poop out of the cage this week? If so he is just happy where he's at and probably roaming at night when they are most active, if not maybe you need to get him out:(

wade
06-16-2009, 12:37 PM
He may just be getting ready to shed. They will hide and become dormant just before a shed.

reyshells
06-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Thats just what snakes do. They will explore a new environment and be fairly active and then one day they might just decide to curl up and sleep for days at a time. He might be getting ready to shed (especially if he didn't accept the food, check his eyes, are they blue?) or perhaps he is cold. Is the log on a heating pad? If they spend a majority of their time on the heating pad then the temperature of the rest of the tank may be too cold.

Sacred_Nightmares
06-16-2009, 04:26 PM
My snake hasn't moved in about 3 days either. They're perfectly fine, just being lazy. They fine a nice spot, and sleep/digest/rest for a couple hours, or days even. Personally, my snake will just pick one spot and stay there for days on end all the time.