PDA

View Full Version : how long before i worry ?

how long before i worry ?

speirsaaron
06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
hiya, its been two weeks now and my corn hasn eatin she did get a fright about 3 days after the first time she didnt eat because sumthin went wrong with her heatmat and you cud hear static electricity and it frightened her. and im just wondering how long before i start worryin cos shes not eating .. iv had medusa(my corn) since last summer july/august (cant really remeber witch ) and ths is the first time she hasn eatin for a period of time .

thanks

MinLynn
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm confused and concerned about the "static electricity" from her heat mat. Do you mean the heat pad went out?

2 weeks isn't very long for a snake to go off feed and normally wouldn't be a cause for concern unless your snake got electrocuted. Is she acting okay and normal and just not eating or is her behaviour different now,too?

speirsaaron
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
heat mat issue is fixed and over im jus sayin thats that wat frightened her but thats fixed now

shes her usual self jus this is the first time shes refused to eat twice

MinLynn
06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Well if she's acting like she normally does,then 2 weeks wouldn't be a cause for worry then. If you're feeding her f/t then try dipping the pink in tuna juice. Or you could put her in a deli cup(with air holes) with the feeder and cover it with a dark cloth over-night.

speirsaaron
06-22-2009, 01:23 PM
over a whole night ? and wud a plastic tub work aswell ?

Buzzard
06-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Is she about to shed? Sometimes corns will go off feeding when they go to shed. I wouldn't get to concerned for at least a month. Double check the husbandry(temps,ect...). When you had the issue with the heater, Did it shock it?

speirsaaron
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
shes not about to shed she alredy did pretty recently ..and no she didn gets shocked i found out sumthin was wrong because i cud hear a buzzing and when i got rid of the mat it stopped and when i took away the heat mat wet my finger and touched it i got shocked haha. il try the putting her in a tub with the mouse thing later on tonight . thanks for ur help :)

bkelm18
06-22-2009, 02:23 PM
When I first got my little guy, he was a little finicky about eating. So I left him in his feeding container overnight with the food, and put a towel over the container to minimize noise and light. Worked like a charm.

speirsaaron
06-28-2009, 05:13 PM
jus to say....medusa ate today about 2 mins ago :) i put it in she had a sniff round and ate it :) just tellin yas incase u wer wonderin.