PDA

View Full Version : Poo Question

Poo Question

bkelm18
06-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Ok, I am not sure if this is normal or not, it's possible I've just never seen it before. A little background first, I gave my snake a diluted Nix bath about a week ago to treat mites, I haven't seen a mite since. However for the time being, I've kept his cage pretty spartan with only a hide, his waterbowl, and sheets of paper towel as substrate. Over the past week, he has been much less active than normal, he is usually just staying in one spot under the paper towels. I assume he's just stressed a bit from the mites and treatment. He shed on Tuesday in response to the mites. Now I have been a little concerned about his water intake so I gave him a small bath in some 85ish degree water, also just to see if I could spot any mites on him, and he pooped, like I was expecting him to (I fed him a couple days ago), however it didn't look normal. It looked completely yellow, no solids, um best I can describe it is take some mustard powder and mix in a bit of water. That's basically what it looked like. Is that normal?

danielle
06-26-2009, 08:13 PM
That may have been...how to say it nicely...sperm and not poo;)

bkelm18
06-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Really.... wow... haha. I feel so dirty now. To add, I did notice shortly afterward, his tail from his cloaca back kind of stood straight up-ish and kinda shook for a couple seconds.

danielle
06-26-2009, 08:18 PM
He was just excited!

bkelm18
06-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow, he's a cheap date. A warm and wet paper towel is all that's needed. I guess me and him need to have a talk and agree to never speak of this again.... :p