PDA

View Full Version : Great Stuff Pond And Stone Foam

Great Stuff Pond And Stone Foam

bobicus880
06-28-2009, 12:24 AM
How well do you think the Great Stuff Pond And Stone Foam will work when making rock foam walls? Previously I've never even heard of this stuff, but it sounds like it should work better than regular for foam walls. Has anyone ever tried it who can give me a testimonial? (or is it the exact same basic expanding foam)

bobicus880
07-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Ok its been a while and no one has responded so I'll try to elaborate. Im wondering wether I should get "great stuff pond and stone" or just regular old "Great Stuff" to make a foam rock wall. I personnaly think pond and stone will work better because it will bind to the stones better, but I have no idea.

steve-00
07-29-2009, 03:43 PM
the pond and stone is a bit more durable and some what water resistant, im not sure that a snake will really beat it up or get it wet enough to madder, id probably go with the cheaper of the to, if there the same go with the pond and stone

bobicus880
08-01-2009, 11:41 PM
thank you. I just went with the regular great stuff, and it worked great. Currently I'm waiting for the sillicone smell to go away, and once it does i'll still probably wait a week or two. I would highly reccomend building a foam wall. Its great fun, and easy. I also incorperated a couple hides into the great stuff. (they pull out like drawers for cleaning, and are covered with grout)

steve-00
08-02-2009, 08:56 AM
So what type of medium did you use to cover the fom? And what did you build It on? If you dont mind I'd love to see some pics of it