PDA

View Full Version : So I just fed her 2 pinkies for the first time...

So I just fed her 2 pinkies for the first time...

dfree
06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
and am worried. How long after feeding does a regurge occur if it is going to happen? She wolfed the first pinkie down-butt first none the less- in less than a minute. So I had the second smaller pink ready, dropped it in and bam-in less than a minute it was down her as well. She now has 2 distinct bumps in her about half way down. Since this is the first time feeding her 2, I am worried about a regurge and will probably be checking on her every 15 minutes to see if she is ok. Is there a standard length of time, like if she has kept it down for an hour, or maybe if the bumps get 3/4 of the way down her, that I can know for sure that she will be okay and not regurge??
Thanks!!!!!:-puke01::-

Hallie
06-29-2009, 09:47 PM
How big is she? Most can handle two pinkies (as long as they aren't just itty bitty babies) without any problems. I wouldn't worry too much.

As for regurges...they can happen pretty much any time. I've had a snake regurge 3 or 4 days after eating, he just wasn't digesting for some reason and up it came.

Don't bother her too much, you'll stress her out. Just check on her maybe once a day, or just sniff near her viv. If she regurges, trust me, you'll smell it before you see it!! And if a regurge should happen to occur, make sure you follow the proper post-regurge procedure (wait 10 days, feed smaller than normal food item, no handling, NutriBac if possible, etc.).

dwyn127
06-29-2009, 09:48 PM
bug her every 15 minutes and she will regurge. Leave her alone, you'll know in a few days but I'd be pretty confident she's ok. Most corns can handle a good bit more then we give them credit for.

dfree
06-30-2009, 08:55 AM
bug her every 15 minutes and she will regurge. Leave her alone, you'll know in a few days but I'd be pretty confident she's ok. Most corns can handle a good bit more then we give them credit for.

My version of "checking on her" is to just walk into the room and see if she is moving around, if I see anything abnormal in the cage, etc. Once she goes back in her cage after feeding, we don't really touch her for at least 3 days. The eating the snake butt end first had me worried also, but she had no problem getting it down. I peeked at her this morning and she seems fine. I feel like a nervous mother!! Thanks for the encouragement!!

danielle
06-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Moving up a size is stressful for me too- I have dealt with a regurge and it was terrible I felt really guilty. Just wait you will smell it if it happens believe me, but hopefully its fine:)