PDA

View Full Version : Help! Quick! Just found eggs!!!

Help! Quick! Just found eggs!!!

CornsnakeKeeper
06-01-2002, 05:00 PM
When going through my tank of three- 1.1.1 I started digging in the substrate to find the snakes. But, I found 5 eggs first. They were spread out and are hard and dry. They collapsed and are heavily dented. Could the heat pad have fried them? I'm attaching pictures of them. There were 5 that I found. Now, how can I tell which snake laid them? The male is in shed now. I never witnessed copulation. They aren't very yellowish or brown, so I think they may have been fertile. They are very hard however so I don't think they are still alive. Any chances? I wanted a breeding so bad and now I'm very upset. Should I go feed them now? ANy chance I can get a second breeding out of them? They are all 00 babies. I know, please don't ridicule me for not having them seperated, but I thought they were alittle young still. I never dreamed that I wouldn't have found the eggs first. How can i tell when they were laid? Thanks soo much to anyone who answers! Please help ASAP! I don't know what to do.

CornsnakeKeeper
06-01-2002, 05:01 PM
Pic 2

Simon
06-01-2002, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't think that the eggs can still be rescued.....they all look dried and I would guess that they are dead in the egg.....if the eggs were fertile.

This is one of the reason why a lot of us here encourage separate keeping. Early breeding may cause a lot of probelms such as decreasing life span, stunning growth, egg bound, and death. Good thing that your gal that laid didn't die......

I would say that you can see who laid by looking who decreased most of the weight that she had. It's really a hard time when laying eggs and draws a lot of energy from her......so she should be very thin right now. If you know which one it is, try feeding her a lighter meal next time it's dinner time.

There is one possibility and that is they didn't mate and the female just laid unfertile eggs....but from the looks of the eggs, it looked like that it was fertile.......since it's really white and looks kinda at the right size of fertile eggs....

Good Luck and Happy Herping!